ZBrushCentral

Useful small ZScripts and Macros for ZBrush 4R8

Holy moly, Thanks a ton!

1 Like

I’m so glad I scrolled down this post!

A lot of tutorial videos use the curve helper script and I saw a lot of comments mentioning the deleted post. Will be sure to let them know there’s an updated link. @marcus_civis Thanks for reuploading!

1 Like

Nice to have found this thread again.

I’m looking for a very handy macro or zscript I used to have as a button in my custom ZBrush UI:

1. It created an Adaptive Skin from the active ZSpheres subtool,
  2. auto-appended the skin as a subtool to the active tool,
  3. and auto-deleted the redundant separate skin tool.

Does anyone know if that can still be downloaded somewhere? Or would it maybe be easy to recreate?

Many thanks in advance.

Why PAGE DOESN’T EXIST?

I just realized that this must have been a macro, not a script.

Just recreated it using the ZBrush Macro record functions, and it works nicely! The only minor drawback is that the ZSphere subtool needs to have the standard “Skin_ZSphere1_1” name for the macro to work. Would be nice if that could be name-independent. But I’m happy anyway. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry not to reply to this earlier. Here’s a version that will work with any ZSphere names:

AppendSkin.txt (760 Bytes)

HTH,
Marcus

1 Like

That’s great, thanks a lot @marcus_civis , much appreciated! :+1:

A little additional note to anyone who’d also like to use this script: I personally prefer to have the ZSphere skin inserted in stead of appended, so I changed “Append” to “Insert” in the script (and renamed the file to ‘InsertSkin.txt’ :slightly_smiling_face:).

1 Like