ZBrushCentral

Useful small ZScripts and Macros for ZBrush 4R8

You can use:

[IToggle,Preferences:Interface:Float Menu]

to toggle the float menus (just like TAB).

(If you’ve any more zscripting questions can you post them in the ZScripting Help forum? That’s the best place to get answers. Thanks!)

Ahhh I see Marcus, thanks, that did it! And yes, next time I’ll post in that forum, sorry.

I swear, I’ve been lurking all around here and most of the best pieces of code lines come from your posts. Bless you and your awesomeness man…

Thanks Marcus

This stuff is great - is there a way to store “BackfaceMask” per brush? There are many brushes I’d prefer to have this by default.

Nice little script! I was hoping there was a way to do this in the past. In the future it would be really be amazing to have a curve tool that is something as easy to use as a bezier curve tool! But this is a great tool to have in the mean time!

This script was recommended by Pavlovich on one of his Twitch sessions. Thanks very much.

Thanks ! This will help a great deal!

Many thanks for CurveHelper, Marcus, a very useful addition to the ZBrush tool arsenal. :+1:

Is there any way to transfer Dynamic Off/On All Brushes and Save All plugin to Zbrush 2018?

You don’t need to. ZBrush 2018 has the option to turn Dynamic off or on for all brushes.

Curves Helper does an outstanding job. I’ve been using it for a while just fine, but with something I’m workin’on, I have an issue and just can’t figure out why. I created a rather simple hierarchy of zspheres but when I click on “Copy ZSphere Chain”, it tells me : “Root ZSphere is not at end of chain. Operation cancelled”. I get the message but don’t really understand what I did wrong to end up there :frowning:

I uploaded the ZTL here if someone could please have a look ? Thanks in advance :wink:

http://mcassar.free.fr/ZBrush/CurvesHelperIssue.ZTL

Edit : After some testing, it seems that if I create my first (root) zsphere and begin to create a chain from it, all goes fine. But if I click again on this root zsphere to continue the chain from the other side, then I have this error. Meaning one has to get ONLY one zsphere attached to the root one. Which in some cases is not really convenient. It could be nice if there was an option somewhere to define which zsphere has to be considered as the root one.

@hansolocambo

from the Curves Helper main post:

Notes:

• The root ZSphere (the one you start with) must be at one end of the chain.

Yours is in the middle (the third topmost sphere to be exact :smiley: )

You should either redraw it starting from one of the “ends” or if continuity doesn’t matter to you you could split it into two subtools each one starting from the initial (half/half) ZSphere. You’ll be able to create two separate curves then.

cheers

Thanks RafalZ dI indeed had to redo it, or at least half of it to make it work. It makes it weird to begin from one end of the rope as we’re used to make knots with two ends of a rope in hands. Or I could have, as you said, make two ropes and then weld them when both are finished. Anyway, sure there’s a workaround. Just too bad one can’t redefine the root of a ZSpheres hierarchy.

Hi hansolocambo,

Sorry you’ve had to redo your knot. I shall update the plugin as soon as I can so that it doesn’t matter where the root zsphere is.

Originally Posted by illialoginovIs there any way to transfer Dynamic Off/On All Brushes and Save All plugin to Zbrush 2018?

You don’t need to. ZBrush 2018 has the option to turn Dynamic off or on for all brushes.

This Dynamic option still drives me nuts very often, and then I come back here again for a solution that doesn’t exist yet.
Sure the new Remember Dynamic is supposed to do that, but I need to remember to keep it Off to stay sane; whenever I switch to Zmodeler, which I use a lot, I will have to double click the Dynamic option again to get it off. As a result the Dynamic Off option for all brushes become totally useless. Unless I stop using Zmodeler, and I don’t want to.
I tried to save over the Zmodeler brush with Dynamic off, doesn’t work; it’s still automatically activated when I select it.

As someone mentioned before, it would make more sense to have Dynamic brush as a button option next to LazyMouse; of course the D hotkey is already taken… Alt-D then, why not ?

Here’s a simple little macro that:

1: Activates Sculptris Pro mode.
2: Turns off Adaptive Size.
3: Sets the Subdivide Size to 0.5.
4: Sets the Undivide Ratio to 1.

That’s how I like to work with Sculptris Pro: using a constant detail level, and no decimation or tesselation when smoothing.

Installation:

1: Put the TXT file in ZStartup ? Macros ? Misc
2: Start ZBrush.
3: Go to the Macros menu and press Reload All Macros to see the macro as a button.
4: Control + Alt + click on the button to set a hotkey for it (I assigned Shift + \ to the macro).

Once you’ve activated the macro, you can toggle Sculptris Pro mode on or off with those settings using the backslash key.Sculptris Pro initialization.TXT (309 Bytes)

2 txt macros for navigation (cycle) between the meshes inside currently selected brush (IMM, Chisel, etc.).
They don’t work perfectly (for example, I don’t know how to scroll to the selected mesh so that it is always visible)
You can place these macros in …ZSturtup\Macros[any folder] and assign hotkeys to them.BrushSelPrevMesh.txt (405 Bytes)BrushSelNextMesh.txt (402 Bytes)

Curves Helper is the bomb! Thanks so much!

Hi Marcus_Civis,

I’m trying to download the curves helper plugin, but when i click on the link, it seems that the page it links to has been removed or is unavailable. Is there somewhere else that I can download the Curves Helper plugin from?

Thanking you in advance,
Alex Nakhleh

Hi ALEX_N,
Try this: Curvers Helper plugin
-Marcus

8 Likes