ZBrushCentral

Useful small ZScripts and Macros for ZBrush 4R7

@MealeaYing
The fbx exporter will automatically export polygroups as materials. Zplugin > FBX Exporter > Options > Export Polygroups as Materials.

That would not be 100% what you are looking for, but pretty close.

Oh wow, I had no idea!
Thanks! I will look at this right now

Mealea,

I’ve not heard that there are any plans to increase the number of polygroups. 1024 seems like quite a lot! Why do you need an unlimited supply?!

Pure and simple:
Greed!
I love PolyGroups and use them constantly

Like for this:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?103320-Now-Im-having-fun&p=1187060&viewfull=1#post1187060

See the problem?
If I can just drag materials in KeyShot onto PolyGroups I can have all sorts of fun, but that’s not working because I have used FAR more than 1024 in this case so ZBrush made some of them the same group and that causes ugly issues.

I suppose the other thing it would need to do is make new (fictional?) materials to apply as even someone as deranged as I am is not going to sit down and make ten or twenty thousand new materials and matcaps

I ran out of PolyGroups on that when it was still under sixty thousand polygons and I kept making new ones till it was about six million or so.
Is it possible?

Sort of answered my own question I guess, more than 1024 polygroups needing more than 1024 matcaps or materials is sort of stupefying.
Blah

I’ve updated my “E Tools” with a few more goodies. They can be downloaded HERE

Here is the current version, 1.3.5
E_Tools1.3.5.jpg

Biggest updates since my last post are buttons that:

• Delete All SDs - Deletes all higher and lower Sub D levels on all subtools
  • Fix Mesh - Runs “Tool > Geometry > MeshIntegrity > Fix Mesh” on all subtools
  • Force Mirror and Weld - Mirrors and Welds on your tool on the currently selected axis, regardless if there are sub d levels or if part of the mesh is hidden. Mirror and weld will also work on both the positive and negative axis
  • Delete All UVs - Automatically deletes UVs on all subtools

Cheers

This plugin will set the current subtool to the origin and then adjust all the other subtools so that their positions remain relative.

Unzip the file to your Desktop and then copy the SetPivotAll.zsc file to the ZBrush 4R7\ZStartupZPlugs64 folder. This installs the plugin for ZBrush 4R7 64 bit. If you want to install for 32 bit, also copy the SetPivotAll.zsc file to the ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder.

Restart ZBrush and there will be some new buttons named Set Pivot All SubTools, Position Copy and Position Paste at the bottom of the Transform palette.

To use:

1. If the top subtool is not at the origin then press Position Copy to store its position. You can check the position in the Tool>Geometry>Position menu. If the values are not exactly 0,0,0 then press this button.
  2. Select the subtool you want to set the pivot for and press the Set Pivot All SubTools button. The subtool will be positioned at the origin and all the other subtools adjusted.
  3. If top subtool position has been stored: To reset all the subtools to their original position, select the top subtool and press Position Paste.
  4. Or when no position has been stored: To reset the top subtool to the origin select the top subtool and press Set Pivot All SubTools.

Download here:

This is awesome Marcus! THANK YOU for sharing! Glad to see you still creating your own tools instead of just helping us plebs all the time =P

Thanks Eric, I hope you find it useful. And thank you for your contributions! :slight_smile:

A super small macro I made for current project.
It’s based on Do_Visible_Subtools by Marcus.

What it does is simple. Making a texture from polypaint on each visible subtool in a single click :slight_smile:
Saved a lot of clicking for me.

Subtools have to have UVs of course.

Hope you’ll find it useful.

I’ve updated my “E Tools” with a few more goodies. A lot of them were inspired from some sample code that was posted on ZBC by marcus_civis. So thanks for posting/helping us out again Marcus!

They can be downloaded HERE

Here is the UI of the current version, 1.4.0

E_Tools1.4.0.jpg

Biggest updates since my last post:

• QTrans Toggle - Toggles ‘QTransThreshold1’ on and off so you can easily control whether or not zbrush auto steps down SubD levels when rotating around your tool.
  • Window Size2 - Creates a new document that automatically has the largest possible screen dimensions for the Zbrush UI. This way when you go into expert mode, your document takes up the entire screen and there is no wasted space
  • Delete All SDs - Has been updated with a pop up menu that asks you what subD level you want to keep: highest, lowest, current.
  • Force Mirror and Weld - Has been updated with a pop up menu that asks you what subD level you want to mirror: highest, lowest, current.
  • PUV tiles - Has been updated with a pop up menu that asks you if want to create PUVs for either all visible subtools or just visible subtools that have missing UVs
  • ID Map Creation - All three buttons have been updated with a pop up menu that asks you if you want to work on a clone of the tool before starting. It will now also automatically create PUVs for any missing UVs and will also go to the lowest subD level and force delete all others instead of the pop up error that used to occur for missing UVs and SubD levels.

(This plugin is the same as for earlier ZBrush versions but is reposted here for convenience.)

Seamless textures are easy to produce in ZBrush as you can drag the canvas by holding the ~ (tilde) key and the image will wrap around. You can then paint some more and fill any gaps. However there are a few things you need to do to export a perfect tile. This little plugin simplifies the process and will give perfect tiles in most situations [see Notes below].

Installation

1. Unzip the zip file and put the SeamlessTexture.zsc file directly in your ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs64 folder. If you also want to use the plugin withe 32 bit ZBrush copy the SeamlessTexture.zsc file to your ZBrush 4R7\ZStartup\ZPlugs folder.
  2. Restart ZBrush. There will be a new Tileable Texture menu at the bottom of the Texture palette.

Instructions

1. Create your texture using the ZBrush canvas. Check that rendering and shadows (if you are using them) are set up to your satisfaction.
  2. As a precaution, save a back up version of your Document.
  3. If you want to use Best render then press the Render:Best button; if you want to use Flat render then press the Render:Flat button, otherwise Preview render will be used.
  4. Press the Texture>Tileable Texture>Create Seamless button.

Depending on the canvas size and render settings the plugin will take a few moments to work. When it has finished the texture will be placed in the Texture palette from where it can be exported. There will also be an alpha of the canvas depth in the Alpha palette, should you want it.

Notes

• There’s a maximum document size of 4096.
  • AA Half will not work. If you want anti-aliasing use Render:SoftRGB instead or reduce in Photoshop or another image editor.
  • Some extreme shadows may produce slight artefacts at the image edge/joins.
  • The document dimensions should be divisible by 2. Odd pixel dimensions will be increased/decreased by 1 pixel.

Download here:

1 Like

marcus, your set pivot plugin is incredibly useful.

Thankyou.

Many thanks for sharing this plugin

Hi Guys any chance a can get a copy of Hotkeys Z intensity and focal shift the above link says page not found ???

These tools look awesome. I am getting “Page not found error” Do I need to be given permission to access them? If so may I please be given access. Thank you!