ZBrushCentral

Useful small ZScripts and Macros for ZBrush 4 & 4R3

Wow! That was quick :slight_smile: - that bevel problem was just posted!!!

Thanks so much Marcus!!!

Fantastic!
i’ve been hoping for something just like this.
THANK YOU, marcus!

thank you very much!
it will be easier pose my models!:+1:

Thats great :+1: thank’s Marcus!!!^^

This is a great code thanks. I was wondering, is there a way to get a code like this but that doesn’t affect non-visible subtools?

Thanks for the comments guys. :slight_smile:

Yes, you can do that. The code is a little slower because the macro goes to the top of the list first, and it won’t return to the selected subtool. Also you need to remember that the selected subtool will be treated as ‘invisible’ if its eye icon is off.

Exactly what I was looking for. Marcus you are a lifesaver!

Hi Marcus!

Man, this thread is awesome! I am now using a bunch of these scripts, as well as a few modified to fit my needs. One thing I’d like to do, but can’t figure out how is this: I’d like to be able to export all my subtools with one script. I know subtool master does this, but it renames everything, and I can’t have that. Things get out of hand very quickly. For example, I know some people who just use an underscore, but if you import and export often, you end up with something like this: “_________head”. I just want the script to save each subtool under it’s own name, in the same place I last saved something (or into a generic “current work” folder if that is too hard). Is this possible?

Thanks,
Will

You want all the subtools separate objs correct?

Yes, all seperate objs. I want the exact same thing to happen as if I were exporting them one by one, only it would do all 150 at once. :wink:

Thanks,
Will

Hi Will,

Thanks for your comments, I’m glad you find the stuff in the thread useful. :slight_smile:
The best way of doing what you want would be to update SubTool Master so that there’s a special character (such as ‘~’) which the plugin then ignores, saving the files using just the subtool names. (Currently there has to be something added as there’s no way to just select a folder through zscript.)
I’ll do it as soon as I can…

This macro allows you to set two brushes so that a single hotkey will toggle between them.

Save the file to the ZStartup/Macros/Misc folder and either restart ZBrush or press Macro>Reload all Macros. There will be a new ‘BrushToggle’ button in the Macro>Misc menu.

You need to assign a hotkey to the button in order for it to work. It’s best to choose a single key rather than using a modifier like ‘Alt’ as in that case both keys would need to be released each time.

Click the button any time to store a brush. The macro stores a ‘primary’ brush and a ‘secondary’ brush. All this means is that if you select a different brush and then press the hotkey the primary brush will be selected. Brushes are stored between ZBrush sessions.

Hi Marcus,

I tried that mat>txr plug in I am not getting exactly what you said please post some screenshots by using this technique it will very helpful for me,I am using Zbrush-4 windows xp sp2.

Hey there marcus, is it safe to use lasso toggle script work in R2?

I’ve not encountered any problems with the lasso toggle. Some of the other stuff in this thread will need updating though because of interface changes.

XYZ Tool Postion Zscript, ZBrush 4R2 version works fine.(Operate normally)

XYZ Tool Postion / ZBrush 3.1 :+1:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?49729-XYZ-Tool-Postion-ZBrush-3.1-Update&pp=15

cheers marcus, that was the only script i was worried about since i use it so much.

btw tried it and it works a treat :slight_smile:

Sometimes it can be useful to copy and paste the Tool>Export Scale and Offset values from one mesh to another. This little plugin allows you to do that, and also save the values as a file that you can load later.

Unzip the file and put the ScaleOffsetCopyPaste.zsc in your ZStartup/ZPlugs folder. Restart ZBrush and you will have a new menu in the Tool palette called Tool Export Values. The Buttons should be self-explanatory.

Download here:

Thanks Marcus! :slight_smile:

If you find the default ‘Fit Mesh’ function leaves your models a little larger than you’d like then you could try this macro. Save the file to the ZStartup/Macros/Misc folder and either restart ZBrush or press Macro>Reload all Macros. There will be a new ‘Fit Mesh’ button in the Macro>Misc menu. Give the button a hotkey for ease of use.

Download: