ZBrushCentral

Update to ZBrush 2023.0.1 Now Available

Totally agree…

WOw, i totally misunderstood the whole REDSHIFT a part of ZBRUSH. Thats IF you buy a subscription to REDSHIFT ALSO correct? Not, something built INTO ZBrush. Can someone just confirm?

It’s like with KeyShot.

The Bridge is free to everyone. But the renderer that is accessed by that Bridge has a cost involved.

For technical reasons, Redshift cannot be a perpetual license. It requires too-frequent updates for that to be possible. So it has to be a subscription and therefore cannot be bundled with the perpetual license upgrade.

• Perpetual license ZBrush 2023 users can purchase that subscription separately.
  • ZBrush subscribers are being given Redshift CPU as part of the ZBrush subscription. Redshift GPU still requires a Redshift subscription.
  • Maxon One subscribers automatically have a Redshift subscription and so they automatically have both Redshift CPU and GPU.

In all cases, Redshift itself must also be installed via the Maxon App. This is important to note because many ZBrush subscribers are upgrading to ZBrush 2023 but not also installing Redshift and are therefore getting an error the first time that they go to use Redshift rendering.

1 Like

Thanks, sorry I did the same. I Installed REDSHIFT now and I am able to use it for the CPU rendering inside of ZBrush. Thanks for the clarification.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: ZBrush 2023 Complaints to Maxon

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: ZBrush 2023 Complaints to Maxon

Hey guys,

Is Keyshot still working for anyone here?
If I try to send a mesh from Zbrush to Keyshot 10.2 Zbrush gives me the message “Sorry Redshift could not be located” followed by an abnormal termination of ZBrush.
Or sometimes it crashes directly without the message.

Cheers Chris

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: ZBrush 2023 Complaints to Maxon

If I try to send a mesh from Zbrush to Keyshot 10.2 Zbrush gives me the message “Sorry Redshift could not be located” followed by an abnormal termination of ZBrush.

This is a known issue on the Mac and a fix is being worked on.

Hi Aurick,

Im on PC but great you guys are already looking into it!

Cheers Chris

Hey, the update is awesome, just a bit sad there’s no more zremsher legacy option it was a useful feature.

Hello,

the old customers will unfortunately ignored in the offers, because there is no information on important points to make a decision.

If I buy Zbrush 2023 for $659 EUR, do I always have to update every year or can I keep the perpetual license forever from 24 or 2025…

There is no price information for the approximately costs of future updates, we bought KeyShot and we don’t know how it will continue with the upcoming KeyShot 12.

The offer may be reasonable for new customers with 970.47 EUR who have not yet bought any render software,
but for the owners of KeyShot, Autodesk, Marmoset, VRay, or Arnold, is the Redshift Bridge unfortunately not really interesting, we have everything we need, the Redshift Bridge is an extra product, the Bridge can also be calculated from the offer, it’s hard enough that we have to buy ZBrush a second time, but there is no update offer for the old customers I have listed, who therefore have no need for the Redshift Bridge and of course cannot/don’t want to spend this money on it, you could also render in Blender and that without any costs.

It would be nice if we could get positive answers :grinning:

1 Like

If I buy Zbrush 2023 for $659 EUR, do I always have to update every year or can I keep the perpetual license forever from 24 or 2025…

It’s a perpetual license upgrade. So what is happening is that you’re changing your perpetual license from ZBrush 2022 to ZBrush 2023. You then have perpetual use of that version.

There is no price information for the approximate costs of future updates,

We don’t have that information. I would guess that it will stay the same unless the price of ZBrush changes.

we bought KeyShot and we don’t know how it will continue with the upcoming KeyShot 12.

The ZBrush to KeyShot Bridge was made free for all users by Maxon. We have no information regarding KeyShot 12 at this time.

1 Like

Many thanks for the quick response Aurick,
to be more precise, I meant the update price from 2023 to 2024 that can’t be around 500 or 600 EUR again.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: ZBrush 2023 Complaints to Maxon

Hi,
I am a developer of products for ZBrush. I have a perpetual license for ZBrush 2022.

Can I keep my 2022 version installed on my PC, and then get a subscription from time to time so I can update the products I do?

Or would installing the 2023 version delete my other installs or invalidate them to work?

I want to avoid the situation in which I can’t test or use lower versions of ZBrush for my products.

Thank you.

The subscription will not affect the perpetual license in any way. That also means that the subscription will not update the perpetual license. The perpetual license will stay at ZBrush 2022 while the subscription receives its free upgrades.

3 Likes

How are they free updates if you are paying for a subscription? They are updates that are covered as part of the subscription,by paying for the subscription, surely? If they are free updates then it really makes the whole messaging about this situation even more confusing?

4 Likes

Thank you so much Aurick

Hi @aurick, looking at your link, it says perpetual licence users can get 25% discount of annual subscriptions, and a link to contact Maxon.

I contacted them regarding this, and they don’t seem to be aware this 25% deal exists and offered me 10% off another completely different package?
could you shed any light on this?

This is excerpts from that page (i’ve omitted options 1 and 3):

[ Upgrade Options for ZBrush Perpetual License Users
There are three paths by which you can upgrade to ZBrush 2023:
2 - Purchase a ZBrush subscription. For a time after the release of ZBrush 2023, annual subscriptions will be available at a discounted price of approximately 25% off for the first year (renewing at regular price thereafter). This will give you ZBrush 2023, with the Redshift Bridge and Redshift CPU. To use Redshift GPU, you would additionally need to purchase a Redshift subscription.

How do I get the discounted pricing?
To purchase a perpetual license upgrade or receive the discounted pricing on a ZBrush annual subscription or Maxon One annual subscription as explained in points 1, 2 or 3 above, please contact Maxon directly or an authorized reseller. ]

please could you let me know why Maxon don’t seem to be able to help with this?