ZBrushCentral

Tyrone70 Sketchbook (slight nudity)

Been slowly working on this model. The foremost model is the current one. Just trying to have fun and hopefully learn a thing or 200. comtest03_fin.jpg

A sketch. Hey look, ears.
compostion copy.jpg

Attachments

zgrabs.jpg

Got around to practicing a female torso. It didn’t turn out exactly how I wanted to, but I feel like I gained something from this one.

finsl_fem_torso.jpg
[youtubehd]0lq_ymUnrXQ&hd=1[/youtubehd]

eye_fin_zb.jpg

I was messing around with the elastic move brush out of sheer boredom this morning and this idea came to me.

skull_heart_zb.jpg

Hey man, nice gallery of work.

I can see you’re having some trouble with the breasts on the female torso at times - it might seriously help you out to have a look at a book called Dynamic anatomy by Burne Hogarth along with using reference pictures (even with image planes in zbrush). Hogarths book really helped me out in focusing on major masses of the body rather than specific muscles - this kinda helps you figure out where certain masses shouls start and end and really speeds up your workflow; and when combined with some knowledge of anatomy its a huge help. You can probably hock a .pdf of it off of some torrent site like btjunkie.org - its well worth the look. Cheers and keep up the sculpting man.

I will definitely try to find a legit way to get my hand on that book :wink: Thank you very much for the recommendation. I can’t sculpt or practice like I want to anymore since I’ve started to teach myself how to program. Kind of need it right now and my school didn’t focus on it much.

SOme lips I tried making today. I feel more comfortable at the moment working on small sections rather than tackling a whole person at once. I think I messed up a bit on the polypaint, but C & C are definitely welcome.

zb_lips_thumb.jpg

Attachments

zb_lips_big.jpg

zb_lips_levels.jpg

Love the render in your skull heat piece, could you share your rendering technique please?
Thanks a lot

Ciao

Really? Thanks :slight_smile: It’s nothing special. I just used some of the same techniques I see guys around here doing. I used 3 lights: one for some HDR lighting (i didn’t even really notice this so I may have messed up on something), 1 for the main light (turned this into a spotlight so the rest of the scene wouldn’t get any lighting), and a light to fill in the side of his face (I set this one up so it would only light up the skull and nothing else.)
skull_viewport.jpg

Thanks for your interest. :smiley:

Attachments

elements.jpg

This is probably the fifth time I’ve tried doing the lower part of the body from zspheres. I have a really hard time with it, but I felt like this attempt was doable, so after getting a good enough shape, i retopoed in Max so I can keep working on it. I know it still needs some work, especially around the knees, but any tips would be much appreciated. I’ll try working on this again tonight.

fem_legs_wip1.jpg

Attachments

fem_legs_wip2.jpg

Here’s a new practice sculpt. I’m having a hard time with a few areas, mainly the nose and eyes. I’m feeling a bit more confident on the rest of the face. Really would like some critiques or tips to help me out.

head_2_wip.jpg

I’m no expert, but here is what i see:

Eyes are too big, and too widespread. Use reference images, and have it infront of you while you sculpt. Lower part of neck is too skinny and the point of the cheek should be closer to the base of the nose, when you look at it from the sideview. ( i’m actually not sure about teh cheek part, but i think i read it somewhere ). From the sideview the lips look weird.

thank you for the advice

Tried making another female model from zsphere I will retopo when i feel comfortable enough. I’m trying to have more fun than be anatomically correct this time, hence the long legs, but C & C is very much wanted. elena_comp_small.jpg

Also, i need to get in the habit of perspective views before i do these things >_<

Updated and tweaked a few things. Remembered to turn on perspective this time too :stuck_out_tongue:

edit forgot to add the picture… turned_elena.jpg

Retopo imminent
elena3.jpg

edit Retopo postponed. I now hate the face.

Attachments

elenahead.jpg

I went ahead and did a retopo for sculpting reason. Aside from the lips and eye sockets, everything went smoothly. I went from having a 5 million poly model to just half a million. I’ll keep playing around with this model, but I do intend to make it a game model eventually. Heres some quick grabs. Updated renders later.
before.jpg

Attachments

after.jpg

new_face.jpg

Lol