ZBrushCentral

Turtle creature WIP

You really are going to have to look at moving to Pixie through Liquid for your system. You will be able to render marvelous and monsterous scenes, even on your little G4. I do have the a lot of the latest tech, but I still use the mighty G4 Cube and the Mighty G4 Cube Heavily Modded and of course the renderfarm technology I employ (and helped develop) that is so fast is all on G4 chips (under YDL, but it’s efficient). :wink:

Hi yah, this is really good, and nice to see so many test. love the character, makes me want to go back and tweek mine and play with the lights and and material settings, again. Some times I’m sure I’m done, and then I remember, i’m an artist, I’m never done! Your guy keeps looking better and better can’t wait to see the next render tests, I’m learning alot seeing you work, thanks.

I really love the texture you created for him. It really breathes life into the character. Texturing is something that’s generally put on the wayside for zbrush characters, and it’s really nice to see such detail-oriented sculpting and vibrant texture work lined up on the same model :slight_smile:

…and the great thing is you can imagine him as the animal or some evil character!Damn fine work,always enjoy seeing how its going!

cal

Here is slightly different render that I cooked up, I comped a pass with just the legs with higher displacement. It’s pretty insignificant, but was really bothering me. Still playing with the specularity and bringing out the finer details.

Jason - I’ve downloaded Pixie, Liquid and Fink. Have been reading some of the documentation, pretty intimidating:o for someone like myself with very limited shader writing exp. I have been doing some reading about Render man shading language, lots of good stuff on the web and will take a crack at my first scene this weekend. Although I will probable stick with MR for the time being, unless I can really click with Pixie. You will be hearing from me soon. Thanks again.:smiley:

AVTPro thanks:p the color is definitely my favorite part to play with.

AngelJ, I will definitely play with it some more for the next close up, I can see yellow working though, thanks.

womball, getting there and planning out the environment for the animation, going to keep it simple. will probably have something up by the weekend.

SolidSnakexxx, thanks alot, more to come.

threetails, thanks, sometimes I feel like I’ll never finish this guy, it’s nice to know that people are enjoying the progression. At least I’m done with the Zbrush portion… or am I!?:lol:

kzerza - wow, thanks! I seem to find my biggest problem is that I want to finish sculpting too soon to get to the texturing, it’s just so much fun.

calum5ZB - that was the idea, my next close up will probably have an even more sinister look for the face. Recently a friend told me that he was cute!?:confused: I guess he kind of is, in a slimy weird way.
glad to know that people are getting it, thanks again

[newcomp7.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘51532’,‘newcomp7.jpg’,1,0))

:+1: Looks sweet man, great work

Soulstealer - thanks dude

Heres where I’m at with my underwater environment, the sphere is just there fore shadow testing. Also my progrees with spec maps, I’ll get a low res version of my turntable up later today. Still doing some tests with Pixie before I bring in my whole scene.

[BGtest1.jpg]

I’ve had some things come up and was away for awhile. You can find the turntable at danielbourdet.com
The underwater thing has proven very difficult to do right, still playing with it , the animation, really just for fun is also progressing, but I’ve only put a couple hours into it so far. Will post something, when I think it looks OK.

[newcomp9c.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘52614’,‘newcomp9b.jpg’,1,0))](javascript:zb_insimg(‘52615’,‘newcomp9b.jpg’,1,0))

Attachments

newcomp9b.jpg

Excellent work man, I love it.

Respect
Fatmiri

I love this! Especially the first textured render on page 1. I’ve been away awhile, so I’m just seeing it for the first time. 5 :+1:

Kosova - Hey thanks, now if I could only rig and animate him properly.

Slosh - thanks, yeah I like the old one too, but there were alot of areas that weren’t getting enough attention, in my opinion.

here is a close up with different lighting

[bustwebcomp.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘52687’,‘bustwebcomp.jpg’,1,0))