ZBrushCentral

Transparency mode or ghosting causes instant crash

Hi all,

I’ve been using Zbrush 19.1 for a while now but an instant crash seemed to pop up after a while.
At first I only had it with turning on Ghost Transparency mode where it crashed. Then I did a re-install and everything worked fine for a day but now it already crashes whenever selecting the TransP mode

I tried to look for other people that have the same issue but no luck there.
Does this sound familiar to anyone? and if someone has any ideas on how to fix this besides doing a reinstall everyday or waiting for the 2020 version that would be great.

Thanks
Sietske

Hi @Sietske

I can’t replicate this issue in 2019.1.2. There is a new version of the program out this week. Be sure to upgrade and see if that solves your issue.

If it persists in the new version, then you want to see if it’s related to a specific tool or file, or it happens with any tool. If it only happens to a specific tool, you will need to troubleshoot that tool to see how it may be problematic.

If it happens with any tool, in any program session (and not a loaded file), then there may be an issue with your installation, and you will need to make a support ticket. Always be sure to be using the most up to date version of Zbrush before contacting Support.

In ZBrush 2019 there is a known issue with Image Plane where if you are using multiple subtools and try to turn on Ghost transparency there will be a crash. This is fixed in ZBrush 2020 which is now available.

Hi all,
Thank you very much for your time. I tested out this problem with Zbrush default projects and my own and at least it was constantly crashing.
I did forget to update to 19.1.2 after the reinstall the first time this issue arose and that seemed to resolve the issue (for now). If it starts to be a problem again, which might happen in a few hours, I will create a support ticket with all the necessary requirements … or bug my superiors into getting me a 2020 licence :slight_smile:

ZBrush 2020 is a free upgrade. Your superior’s don’t need to get you a new license. :slight_smile:

See https://support.pixologic.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/294/84/upgrading-from-an-earlier-zbrush-version