ZBrushCentral

Toy Design with ZBrush - Fine Art Collectibles, Vinyl, and Random Candy

Hey, brand new here and never posted a comment before. I’ve been enjoying so much of the work people upload on a day-to-day basis, but just wanted to use my inaugural comment post to say I love your stuff, Wetterschneider!

I have been contemplating dipping my toe into the world of toy design, and your little critters are extremely inspiring, with their unique combination of cuteness and menace.

I saw the thumbnail for your latest post and knew right away that it was yours. Very distinctive!

Anyway, sorry I have no work up yet to represent myself with, but that will change very soon.

Please keep 'em coming!

SwampGhost, thank you.

If you’ve gotten this far in this thread, you’ve probably caught onto the pattern. More monsters, more doodles. I’ve been posting a series of quick sketches for a while now, all of our commercial work is still under NDA, so it will take some time before I can starting sticking them up here. When doing toy design, and sculpting, the projects aren’t on my desk for all that long. But scheduling manufacturing at the factory takes a fair chunk of time, and shipping all the product back to the US for distribution also takes a while.

3d-Beaky-01.jpgSketches-32.jpg

Ha, ha… love the BIG HEADED dude with the cap and the small body in the post before this one. Great stuff here. Keep em coming. Best.

Thanks Dragon.

3d-Chuggly-01.jpgSketches-34.jpg

Can’t stop, won’t stop.

3d-Grablet-01.jpgSketches-36.jpg

Cool new designs!
If you ever need a quote for a production in china (resin/vinyl/plush) let me know. I’m part of the PATCHTOGETHER team and we produce for clients such as Sideshow Collectibles.
I produced my dragons in resin over there and the quality is top notch.

Hi VISEone, my company - Shinbone, has multiple factories in the US and overseas that we use for manufacturing. We can produce small runs of toys in vinyl, resin, wood and metal, and large runs in ABS, and PVC. Most of our toy designs are digitally sculpted, and rapid-prototyped.

Although we’ve done work for some of the big companies - Sideshow, Hasbro, and Mattel, lately we’ve been focusing on making sweet small run collectibles based on the work of fine artists, comic book illustrators and game developers. When we work directly with artists and designers to produce toys based on their drawings or paintings for our own catalog, we establish a very generous royalty payment.

The work that I’m sharing here, is mostly personal doodles that I scribble out in my “spare” time. However, I have been occasionally posting completed projects, some of which are still available commercially, some of which are unfortunately sold out.

I have a huge amount of respect for the PT program, it’s been opening up terrific opportunities to artists that otherwise wouldn’t have a chance to produce toys.

Here are some other examples of our past commercial work.

Digitally sculpted vinyl toy for Reckless Toys - designed by Mike Giant.

Mike-Giant-A.jpg

Digitally sculpted vinyl toy for Blizzcon - designed internally at Blizzard.

Blizzcon-A.jpg

3d-Grumpy-01.jpgSketches-37.jpg

3d-Bounty-Hunter-01.jpg3d-Tirl-01.jpgSketches-38.jpg

Your drawing skills says it all: you’re a natural. Unique style! Realy great stuff going on here. Keep us posted!:D:+1:

One of my favorite threads on zcent! love all your drawings and creature sketches!

youre showing really great line weight and value. just curious, what type of lead are you using for sketches?

Thank you, Nomad, thank you, Hideous. I use two pencils mainly - one is 2H the other is very soft, probably a 2B.

3d-Hatchet-01.jpgSketches-42.jpg

Super stuff…

Thank you, Pinotote.

Wrinkly old men and goofy, dopey critters - not so tough. But try sculpting an attractive woman. Holy crap that’s difficult to do well. How do you all do it?

3d-Norma-01.jpgSketches-43.jpg

Hi, you’re doing great! Just keep practicing and you’ll do some fine women in no time. :D:+1:

Thanks Nomad.

3d-Norma-03.jpg3d-Norma-02.jpgSketches-44.jpg

3d-Norma-04.jpg

I saw this on Polycont! Really like the latest girl… its such a unique and interesting face. I don’t quite know what to make of it. It defiantly made me stop and stare for a bit.

More toy design. Sometimes I get the urge to bang out something cute. Most of the time, I’m working on creepy critters.

Minky-A.jpg
Minky-Detail.jpg

Chris Ryniak?? Cool name!! hahaha… so few of us Ryniaks in the world, always fun to see one in the creative biz.