ZBrushCentral

Topology-Workflow - Merging Objects (by Rastaman)

Yes, thats possible, I also have already tried it.

But because of the low fault-forgiving behavior of the ZProject-Brush, you will be only successfull on not too wrincled areas and where front- and backside-surfaces are not too close together, but it works (somehow :cool: )

So, you can try it at your model, with its geometry it should maybe work.
But for hands etc., you drive crazy, I assure you.

Look in my ZProject-Brush-tutorial, it is important to prepare all right to get it relatively cleanly work.:wink:

Btw, I reduced Janaā€™s shoulder-width. You were right, even for a superhero they were toooooo brought.:wink:

So far got bad results with ZProject, so I will try your tut and see if it works. Iā€™m also thinking that retopologizing the whole thing probably is as good an option.

Thanks for your help, and canā€™t wait to see Lana without the body-build shoulder. :wink:

Thanks a lot!

I added here :

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=48689&page=2&pp=15

a workflow for merging high-detailed meshes into one clean new retopologized mesh preserving all the fine details !

Donā€™t miss this.:wink:

So what are the diferences/advantages comparing this method to the plugin ā€œmake1meshā€?

I didnā€™t use Game Masterā€™s plugin so far so please try for yourself.

Thanks for the good tutorials :slight_smile:
I have a question though ; is there a way to do a retopo without loosing the existing polygroups?

hey rastaman iā€™m going through your tutorial and iā€™ve run into a little problem.
ZB (3.1) crashes all the time with the man and rhino mesh. I have almost all of the topo painted on but when i try to do the belly of the rhino i alwasy get a crash.
Sometimes i get a little further if i delete some of the topo and start painting from the side.

Is it this crash prone for you too? Any ideas on how to work around this, or is it just a matter of ā€œstart againā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi Layer01,

Iā€™m not quite sure what causes your problem, I hadnā€™t this so far.
Maybe try it with other meshes, but normally it should be equal what meshes you use.:confused:
Did you check if there are any masked areas ?
I havenā€™t the time in the moment to repeat my steps with ZB3.1, so I cannot say more at the moment.
Sorry.

All the links are rerouting me to this page. Where is the Tutorial? :mad:

look at the bottom of my start-entry at page one :wink:

i try to press and hold shift and left mouse click to paint over the mesh, but nothing happens. what i can do isā€¦ select topo, and i choose the mes, then it shows lot of orange lines ( the topo) and then i can remove the parts, and then readd tthem. but the way u tell just by EDITā€¦ iā€™ve to go line by lineā€¦ no holdshift+holdclick for me:(

With ZB4, a lot has changed, also previous available functions in topo are no longer valid as Pixo kicked them of the code for some reason. So some features I descriped here are no longer available.

but then i have to do it zbrush 3.5? well really even if iā€™ve to use one older version for thisā€¦ i will because its really usefull. for what i want to do. well or maybe the new dynamesh from zb4r2 really helps too. anyway ill try to keep going on the tutorial with the zbrush 3.0 u explained all very good. Do u think its problem of the zb4 version taht when i try to hide one part of my mesh+retropology, it messes somethings?

look , or watch. i uploaded the video to show u what happens to me when i try to select mesh + topologyā€¦ it shows the previous mesh BASe for the front part i made . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVmQlQeEWoc&feature=youtu.be strange. isnt it?

I was looking exactly for this!! thanks a lot.seriously.

rubening:

As I said, since ZB 4, a lot of things have changed.
I personally use 3DCoat for Retopo since a while and it totally fits my needs.
Pixo has a strange philosophy in these things.
They are jumping in a technology, announce it with big hype, everyone is first excited, but then more and more frustrated as the features work only half way, are buggy etc. and no future update pixo does fix these bugs as they jump in another new technology and so on.
Currently, there is a hype about the big announced ZB-Hair feature that will come with R2b.
No one is any more interested in retopo-things.
So, chances are low that R2b will have any improvements or fixes related to topology & Co.

Btw., itā€™s hard to concentrate on your video as youtube offers this clip also on your link above :small_orange_diamond:p
rubening87rubening87http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JuX-_eECPc
:laughing:

Birbal:

Youā€™re welcome.:smiley:

Yea, ZBrush retopo is long forgotten and far behind after 3d coat, topogun or blender. Try one fo them maybe.