ZBrushCentral

Topology, Topo-Rigging & more (Tutorials by Rastaman)

Thanks rastamam. These links helped me to unnderstand it better. :smiley:

Hi Rastaman,

I’ve read some months ago your splendid tutorial on rigging with minizspheres.
For me it works mostly very well, so I am interested in some new developments in this ‘zsphere’ :confused:. So maybe I’m not looking at the right place at ZBrushCentral or did you gave up on the subject?

Anyhow I have some questions:

1. Is it possible to do this sort of rigging also with a mesh consisting of two separate figures, so that I can pose the two figures in interaction with one another?
  2. Close to the first question: Is it possible to move and rotate the two figures in relation to each other while posing with the rig? Posing is not only moving limbs but also - and at the same time - moving in space.
    It seems to be difficult, because Alt+Move and Rotate are used in your setup for the posing (IK resp. FK) of the figure(s).
    I tried already to Preview=ON and then Masking one of the figures and Moving the unmasked in relation to the masked figure; then going back to Preview=OFF, but the old situation stays the same as before.

Maybe you have some answers?

Greetings, EddyL

Hi there,

Where , if possible, can I download Jana?

Markus

Eddy:

Sorry, I haven’t checked this thread for quite a long time, so sorry that you didn’t get an answer from me.

I haven’t tried it with two characters so far, so I cannot say anything to that issue.
When I have tried it, I will post my results.

Markz1:
Sorry, Jana’s mesh is not available to public.
A lot of people asked for her, but she’s currently not for download.
But if the things work the way I want them to, you will soon see some more of her here in the forum-galery.:wink:

Thanks Rastaman,
your work is precious… Compliments!

Mattia

Rastaman! Great work - I didn’t realise how straightforward it would be. really pleased you made those tutorials. Thanks! :+1:

hi rastaman,
first off, i have to say that you created a great tutorial here. i am struggling here because zbrush crashes so often, when trying to undo a step. is this something known? and are there workarounds? i just have no clue

cheers,
ello

Hi Ello,

hmmm, I personally don’t have problems with crashes.
But I don’t use the undo-command so often in conjunction with topo-things.
Maybe your memory-settings in the ZBrush-preferences should be controlled.

this sounds logical, specially because i often get a memory warning. thanks for poiting me towards it!

This may be a silly question and for all I know it may have been addressed already but here it goes… Is it possible to use this posing technique or other posing techniques within ZBrush to create “Morph target” type frames within the layers palette or subtool palette? And in essence I guess animating with in ZBrush? Please tell me that everyone does it and that you have a killer thread that shows how to go about it. Thanks!

This has been an immensely helpful thread! Thank you for the time you took to create it and the accompanying PDF’s. This way of posing is so much more intuitive than using transpose.

Obviously Pixo has deleted for some reason in ZB4 R2 the convert-to-main feature in the Toplogy tab.
So, micro-ZSphere-rigging is unfortunately not longer available under R2. :frowning:

Funny, I just tried to follow your tutorial today and encoutered this roadblock. Sorry to see this useful feature has been negated. Has anyone found any similar techniques?