ZBrushCentral

Topology, Topo-Rigging & more (Tutorials by Rastaman)

Hallo Highlander,

danke für den Tip, werde ich mal checken.

Ich habe hier im Forum auch einen etwas längeren deutschsprachigen Beitrag zum Thema Portierung von ZBrush nach C4D.
Falls der Dich interessiert, findest Du ihn hier:

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=17191&page=2&highlight=cinema

Super! Na den schau ich mir doch garantiert gleich mal an! Danke nochmals und weiter so! :smiley:

Ciao,
Felix

PS: Wenn das so weiter geht, muß ich Dir ja glatt credit als TD in meinen nächsten Projekten geben! lol

PPS: Schau mir gerade den C4D thread an, etwas länger ist gut! lol
Ausführlicher geht es ja gar nicht mehr! Erstklassig!

:smiley:

Mal sehen, vielleicht wird sogar noch mal ein .pdf-Tutorial draus in deutsch oder englisch.:wink:

Ich hab mir bereits die Seite in html runtergeladen. Das tut’s auch, da brauchst Du Dir nicht noch extra Arbeit zu machen! :smiley: Muß ja eh schon lange genug gedauert haben, da alles runterzutippen.

PS: Deine Jana sieht übrigens toll aus! Für was für eine Art Projekt ist die denn gedacht? Bin jedenfalls schon auf das Endresultat gespannt!

Ja, hat schon etwas gedauert, bis alles schlüssig zusammengebastelt war und auch so funktionierte.:wink:

Jana ist momentan eine Art Basic-Babe, ein attraktiver weiblicher Grundcharakter noch ohne spezielle Züge und Details, der entsprechend variiert für verschiedene Animationen und Bilder dienen soll. Noch nichts wirklich Konkretes. Im Moment nur ein anatomisches Studienmodell (ihr Popo hat mich Stunden von Try & Error in ZB2 gekostet bis er perfekt war :lol: ), aber ideal fürs Posing mit Topo-Riggs.

Fertige Bilder u.a. mit Jana stelle ich dann hier ein.:wink:

Ihr Test-Rigg am Beispiel des SuperAverageMan habe ich hier zum Download eingestellt:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=44876&page=26&pp=15

Hört sich gut an! (und jawohl, dieser Hintern hat was! Oh la la! Ist gut gelungen! :smiley: )

Ich werde die Augen für weitere Updates etc offenhalten.:wink:

Danke auch noch mal für die Test-Rigg! Ist ja schließlich nicht selbstverständlich sowas auch noch fertig zur Verfügung zu stellen. Sobald ich etwas Zeit erübrigen kann, werde ich mich dann auch mal damit beschäftigen. Soviel neues an Software, so viel Ideen, so wenig Zeit! Was für ein Schicksal, seufz! :smiley: lol

Super Arbeit, weiter so!:+1:

Klaro, mach’ ich.:laughing: Grüsse nach Berlin.:+1:

Hi Ralf,

sorry für den Off-topic remark, aber ich mußte mir gerade nochmal ein lautes Lachen zu deiner “nudity” Warnung verkneifen und hatte das Bedürfnis den Gedanken hier zu verewigen. :smiley: Die spinnen, die Ami’s, aber so isse’s leider!

Ciao, ciao!

Tscha, Felix, andere Länder, andere Sitten.:wink:

Das muss man einfach so akzeptieren und da dies ein US-Forum ist und ich bereits gesehen habe, dass viele Posts gezielt darauf hinweisen, richte ich mich auch schon aus Respekt und Höflichkeit danach.

Deine PM habe ich schon mal gelesen, kann Dir aber aus Zeitgründen erst später antworten.
Ich mache mir mal Gedanken darüber und melde mich per PM.

Grüsse,

Ralf.

lol. Das ist mir schon klar! Ich habe 7 Jahre in den USA gelebt, studiert und gearbeitet. Der Kern der Sache ist, daß da meiner Erfahrung nach eine unglaubliche Doppelmoral hinter ist und genau darüber mußte ich lachen. Naja egal, ist schon richtig was Du machst, war keinesfalls als Kritik gedacht.

So, ich mach mich jetzt mal an die nächste pm an dich. Freut mich, daß wir zumindest soweit zusammengekommen sind. :smiley:

Gruß,
Felix

Hi…thanks for writing up such detailed tutorials Rastaman. I however cannot seem to make the “Easy Rigging of all Detail Levels” work. I have repeated the process you describe at least 10 times and cannot seem to make it work.

Here is what I am trying to do. I have a pretty well detailed male anatomy pose at subdivision level 6. I want to rig it and pose it in sub division 1 but then res that pose up so it I see it in subdivision level 6. My computer can’t handle posing level 6.

Here is what I can do… I can rig the level 1 model…then pose it…this is where i lose it. I can’t figure out how to then show my sub d level 6 model in pose. Please help. If I can get this one thing to work my life will be WONDERFUL!

THanks in advance

Nick

Hi Nick,
you put your finger in a big wound of ZB3-Topo-Rigging.:sunglasses:

I am trying since days to find a way to pose models in low-subd’s for quicker workflow and then simply change the posed model somehow into high-subd-levels.
Unfortunately, all ways I tried so far weren’t successfull.:cry:

It seems that Pixologic has not build in that option yet.

If you want to pose your model in high-subd’s you have to bind the rigg directly when it is in this subd-level. There is no other way.

So, I am sorry to say that the only way so far is to deal with the delay that ZB has in actualizing the display when posing high-subd-models.

Although Transpose shows manipulations with high-subd’s without any delay, the rigging-way is not fluid in working with high-subd’s.
I think both uses different internal algorythms that calculate and display the changes of the pixol-positions during the manipiulations.

If we have much luck, Pixologic read our posts and realizes the big advantage that rigging has to easy and reliably pose our models compared with their currently favorised hard to control Transpose-way.

Maybe they can simply adapt the Transpose-calculation-code to the rigging-feature and we find this in the next update, but I have my doubths.:confused:

So, I am sorry that I cannot offer you a good solution yet, but I keep on trying to find a way despite all drawbacks so far.

Ralf

Yes there is. Try this:

First make sure you rig a copy of your model. Create your rig at the lowest subdiv level; bind and pose the rig. When your happy with a pose, create an Adaptive Skin, making sure that the Adaptive Skin: Density slider is at 1, so that the resulting mesh has the same number of polys as the lowest level of your model. Select the new Adaptive Skin posed version and export as an OBJ. Switch to your original unrigged model (remember, you made a copy?) and import the OBJ at the lowest subdiv level (you can create 3D Layers for importing multiple poses). Go up the subdiv levels and admire your work.

[attach=59839]SuperAvManHi.jpg[/attach]
Here’s a very quick pose using this method and Mr Petroc’s SuperAverageMan. Don’t look closely, it was VERY quick!

Attachments

SuperAvManHi.jpg

Marcus,

this sounds great.:smiley: :+1:
Thanks a lot.
I thought after all the try’s and all errors that I had to end with that frustrating result. :laughing:
I will try it as soon as possible.
If this also works in my attempts, would you mind if I would integrate it in the tutorial (as long as it fits inside the 500 KB-border) as a final note, of course with a veeeeeerrrrrry big credit to you ? :wink:
In every case I would like to integrate your post as a quote with reference to you in my Start-post to inform all users who don’t go through all pages.
Is that OK for you ?

So, with this absolutely fantastic news from Marcus there is really no more need to use transpose for posing high-subd-models.:smiley: :+1:
Great.:laughing:

Marcus_civis- Nice work around, gonna have to try that sometime. Had been going round and round like rastaman trying to figure out something to get rigging methods to work with high poly models from the topology lab thread. You make some sweet zscripts so its no wonder you figured something out. The contributions everyone makes like yourself, rastaman and many many others is what makes zcentral a nice place to frequent. Keep up the great work guys.

Was thinking maybe there is a way to do a rigging of a low poly model and use a displacemet to get the details or use the projection feature in the rigging menu to get the details. Though haven’t played with those at all and just stuff I consider no clue if it would actually work. Going to try your method here soon.

I can confirm that this does work. Just tried it on the superman model.

In fact it is a old technique that has been posted here on the forum before. I have use it many times to change models poses and as a additinal morphing technique.

Yeah, it’s a well-known technique so no need for any special credits or anything, just include the details wherever you want.

The first site as well as the .pdf contain now Marcus’ post, and of course with a big thank and a credit.:wink: :lol:

Marcus…you are my hero! I love you!