ZBrushCentral

Tilde key ~ for wrapping 3D meshes not working

I’m trying to follow a tutorial in Zbrush Proffessional Tips + Techniques which shows you how to create a custom tileable alpha with 2.5D. The tutorial asks you to hold down the Tilde key ~ in 2.5D to activate a feature that will wrap your mesh tool from one side of the canvas to the other. So far I’ve not been able to get this to work and was wondering if anyone had any answers that may help me. I’m using a Logitech G110 gaming keyboard and the Tilde key can be found on the right hand side and also requires you to hold down shift to activate it. I’ve included and illustration to show where the Tilde key is on my keyboard.Anyway, I’d be really grateful if anyone knows what I need to do?

Attachments

TildeKey.jpg

That’s not the tilde ~ key. That’s the " and ’ key. The tilde key is the key directly to the left of the number 1 key in the top left. It shows this ~ symbol.

Thank you so much for getting back to me so quickly. You are right that on the picture (from the internet) that this is the " and ’ key. However on my keyboard it does have the Tilde key symbol ~ on it and this key seems to work as the Tilde key in all the other programs that I use, I tested it in Word to be sure. I’ve tried to use the key that you suggest, to the left of the 1 key and below Escape, which has these two symbols on it ¬ ` without success. I took a couple of quick photos of my actual keyboard for you to have a look at to see what you think. Anyway, thanks once again.

Attachments

TidleKey.jpg

OtherKey.jpg

TidleKey.jpg

Do you have a regular keyboard you can switch it out and see if it works? It could be the shortcut was overwritten with something else or it could be the keyboard’s software causing the issue. Try a regular board and see if the tilde key works. If it doesn’t then it’s probably a Zbrush shortcut key issue.

I’ve just done a quick search on the internet to see if there is a difference between the layout of a UK (British) keyboard and a US keyboard. They appear to have differences in where the Tilde can be found, I’ll have to find out more about this to be sure, but I suspect that most UK keyboards have the same layout that I’m using as standard, so changing keyboards wouldn’t help. It could also be a problem with my keyboard/software, again I’ll have check to see if this is the cause. Thanks for trying to be so helpful, I’m quite new to Zbrush so I guess that the easiest thing to do is move on with learning the million other features inside the program and try and resolve this issue at a later time. I’d simply hoped that someone else would have encountered the difficulty that I’ve faced and had a quick and easy solution… Anyway, thanks once again!

Attachments

UK_keyboardLayout.jpg

US_Keyboard_layout.jpg