ZBrushCentral

Tik Tok

Hi everyone, this is my first post in the community, I present my personal project based on a character from the 1985 Disney movie “Return to Oz” called Tik Tok.

Tik Tok is a one of a kind robotic mechanical man created by L. Frank Baum. He makes an appearance as one of the main characters in Baum’s third Oz book titled “Ozma of Oz” (1907).

Tik Tok is an apparently copper and / or bronze robot, for most of the movie the character can be seen in a rusty and dirty version and at the end of the movie a clean, polished and golden shiny version is shown.

I decided to base my work on the glossy, polished version with a few small imperfections.

Modeling in Zbrush, retopology, rigg and animation in Maya, uv maping with UV Layout, texturing in Substance Painter, texture retouching with Photoshop and rendering with Marmoset toolbag.

Any comment, suggestion or question will always be very well received,

Thank you all.

Eduardo.

Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/poluxardo/

22 Likes

I loved that movie as a child. Pretty cool.

1 Like

Me too! thank you.

That’s very cool project! Love the video too, well done @Marc-Olivier :slight_smile:
Jaime

1 Like

Thank you @jaime .

Excellent work! :+1:

1 Like

Thank you @marcus_civis :+1:

1 Like

Nice one!

1 Like

Thanks @Saga!

Great job, classic movie, and those Wheelers still give me nightmares :sweat_smile:

1 Like

:smile: Thanks @KyleJ39.

Such a cool movie, conceptually ahead of it’s time and a fine example of scary 1980’s practical effects. This is a fantastic recreation of that scene, great work! :smile:

1 Like

It was, at that time they did a great job with the special effects and the Tik Tok robot always caught my attention. Thank you @Ed_Dyer.

so great, thank you for sharing so much.

1 Like

A pleasure! Thank you @PixoPaul :blush: :+1:

I really love the cartoon "Return to Oz." Yes, it's a bit scary, but that doesn't mean it's a superb masterpiece. You created a character based on this cartoon and named it Tik Tok, as far as I understand. Well, your robot looks definitely very cool. Every detail is admirable. However, the name of this robot seems a little strange to me. Why did you name the robot as the social network Tik Tok? This name immediately makes me think of this social network. In fact, I was just looking for a topic about social networks and came across this topic.

https://megafamous.com/buy-instagram-views

1 Like

Hi @AlexWilson! Thanks for your comment! The character design is based on the Disney movie “Return to Oz” (1985), I really didn’t give the robot that name, its name “Tik Tok” comes from a character that appears in one of the books about the world of Oz written by L. Frank Baum, specifically the third book entitled “Ozma of Oz” published on July 30, 1907 many years before the social network of the same name existed and many years before the internet existed as we know it today.

Hi @Ianwhitew! Thank you for your comment and for your recommendations. :robot: :+1:

Question: I’m new to zbrush. Are you selling this file so it can be 3d printed?

I love this character so much. I’m trying to make a miniature of him for a game.

1 Like

Thanks for your interest @Cobu617, Welcome to Zbrush I hope you can develop all your talent with this magnificent tool, at the moment I’m not selling the model, surely it would have to be optimized for 3d printing and for a 3d game a good low poly version should be made, even though i reduced enough polygons, the final model still has enough.