ZBrushCentral

Thirza - Napoleon and the Plague Army

Hello everybody!

Here is Thirza, a 3D adaptation of a concept by Hogni J. Mohr that I have been working on during my free time.

I had so much fun working on it and I took the opportunity to try some new tools like the Zwrap plugin for scan projection. The highpoly model was entirely sculpted in Zbrush. The other software used was Maya, RizomUV, Substance Painter , Marmoset, Embergen and Lightroom.

Thanks you for checking my work, I hope you will enjoy it it and do not hesitate if you have any questions.

Artstation : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/wJOQ8g
Instagram : @guillaume.depaepe

I thought that the motto from the Royal Scots Greys “Nemo me impune lacessit” (No one provokes me with impunity) was particularly relevant for this lady. The original dragoon guards cavalry and their weapons, armors and uniforms were a huge source of inspiration while working on this 3d adaptation.

19 Likes

This is incredible work, well done! I love the style of the modelling, and the shaders/textures fit perfectly!

Thank you for your message, I’m glad you like the project and the style! I’m a huge fan of your work :smiley: .

For this one I tried to blend a more stylized approach for the sculpt with realistic texturing and shaders.

I used some scan data for the face applied on the sculpt with the Zwrap plugin for Zbrush. For the rest of the materials I used photogrammetry material properties from Megascan or Substance Library on top of a stylized basemap textures (greyscale with ao, curvature, a bit of baked light, and color gradient).

nice! I like it :slight_smile:

Welcome to ZBC! :slight_smile:

This is excellent work! Great character and thanks for sharing. :+1:

Thank you, I’m glad you like it!

Thank you for your comment! I’m super happy to join the ZBC community :smiley: .

1 Like

Wonderful work! Nice style, Congratulations :clap: :+1:

Thank you!

What a fine job of taking the concept to 3d realisation :+1:

Nice sculpt, great job on the textures :slight_smile:
Jaime

Faitfull translation of Hogni J’s concept to 3D!! :sunglasses: :+1: :star2:!!

Thank you!
Hogni did an awesome job on the concept and he was also super responsive while I was working on the 3D adaption. He gave me feedback and answered various of my questions. It was a real collaborative process and I really enjoyed that :slight_smile: .

Thank you Jaime!
I had a blast working on a more realistic texturing as I am more used to work on stylized/cartoon textures and materials.

1 Like

Thank you Geert, I tried to do my best to match the original concept of Hogni and the mood of the painting. I’am glad you like the translation !

1 Like