ZBrushCentral

The sketchbook of OrganizedChaos

Awesome work!!! Just an idea but, why don’t you try to create them into a more realistic creature? By this I mean imagine/sketch, their muscles. Meaning how it would look like when it moves, add and take away unnecessary components that aren’t needed. Basically only add things that would help the creature in everyday life. What it eats, weather, how it defends against predators or how it hunts. When I look at a sculpt I like to look for some of these things in someones work because it feels more realistic to me. Like its alive .

Thanks April! I need to grab some pictures of the sculpt to post, the texturing on that guy was pretty rushed when I did it, but the sculpt looks cool :slight_smile:

Aquarius1997- Thanks! Are you referring to my chimeras? I’m trying to avoid a realistic approach for them and to keep them as a fun project that doesn’t take up too much of my time. I do keep anatomy in my mind while doing them, but I don’t let it limit the shapes I make while sculpting. Just going for “stylized fun” I guess.

I understand where you’re coming from, and I’ll keep it in mind. I’m not really much of a concept artist or designer and most of this has been just practice doing that. I guess I’ve never really had that kind of goal with any of my designs, which might be something I should consider!

Well, for now here’s the one zbrush shot I do have of my dragon sculpt for comicon :slight_smile:

Comicon2015.jpg

Also, I created a store for the Chimera prints! crystelschimeras.com

Attachments

Comicon2015.jpg

And pictures of the final chimera cast! :smiley:

IMG_0037.JPGIMG_0040.JPGIMG_0034.JPGIMG_0024.JPGIMG_0032.JPG

Hey everyone! I wanted to share this baby version of the chimera I worked on and had printed out by owlbox3d. I plan on making mini versions of all my designs :slight_smile:

Here’s the three designs I worked on and had a vote for on my facebook art page-
votw.jpg

#1 won, so I finished up the sculpt for it-
babychimera.jpg

And then I sent it off to a couple companies for quotes. Owlbox3d recommended having it printed in ABS D20 Grey on an Envisiontec ultra 3sp

tumblr_o3unur8gao1r6b5zso5_1280.jpg
tumblr_o3unur8gao1r6b5zso1_1280.jpg
tumblr_o3unur8gao1r6b5zso2_1280.jpg
tumblr_o3unur8gao1r6b5zso3_1280.jpg

Next step will be making molds/casts! I’m looking forward to having the gargoyle done soon to show as well hopefully and working on the bakunawa design!1.jpgtumblr_o3unur8gao1r6b5zso5_540.jpg

Attachments

votw.jpg

babychimera.jpg

1.jpg

tumblr_o3unur8gao1r6b5zso2_1280.jpg

tumblr_o3unur8gao1r6b5zso3_1280.jpg

tumblr_o3unur8gao1r6b5zso5_1280.jpg

tumblr_o3unur8gao1r6b5zso1_1280.jpg

Oh those miniatures are adorable! I can’t wait to see more of these - the one you picked out really worked out great in the end.

I’m really glad you like him ohmai :slight_smile:

Here’s the final cast of the gargoyle figurine! It was 3d printed and molded/cast by Level52 Studios. We’ll be working something out and hopefully I’ll be offering this for sale soon atcrystelschimeras.com I’m still working on the design for the bakunawa!

coh8vr26bts5.jpgeja9zz7ahcft.jpg5pvrcvbpibp8.jpgwzlxvfg9dkf5.jpg

My next figure is based on the bakunawa, from Philippine mythology, a sea serpent believed to be the cause of eclipses. I followed the description giving him a large mouth, whiskers, two sets of wings (you can see the smaller set tucked away) and decided to go with external gills (like seen with axoltols)

Here’s an image of the sculpt, rendered with the zbrush integration of Keyshot
baku2.jpg

And here’s an image of the 3d print - done through Ownage. I really need to give them credit, they did a fantastic job on this and had a quicker turnaround than I expected :smiley: If you’re considering getting your model 3d printed, I highly recommend them :slight_smile:
1808dbe4b9.jpg

I’ll be doing the molds/casts myself and each copy will have a glow-in-the-dark moon :smiley: I’m really excited about this one. If anyone is interested you can check out my site http://crystelschimeras.com/ and I’m doing sign-ups for pre-orders here

Attachments

baku2.jpg

1808dbe4b9.jpg

I’ve just about finished up my pre-orders and will be opening up sales 10/10 for the bakunawa resin cast. I did one for some promo shots today and wanted to share :slight_smile:
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg
4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Attachments

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Oh these are super cute. :slight_smile:

Hey guys! I just wanted to share- I finally caved and got a formlabs form2 printer. I wish I had sooner! This thing is awesome! I went ahead and printed out part of my comicon entry and just had to share. Printed at .025 layers at 4 inches or so.

1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg

Those teeth turn out great. WIth what 3d printer did you print?

Hey guys! Yet again, it’s been a while since I posted here :stuck_out_tongue: I wanted to share my recent 3d print using zbrush (off my form2 printer) This is a wacom pen holder I made for myself and the concept artist Mike Corriero (the concept can be found herehttps://www.instagram.com/p/BiTZuIBhnoS/?taken-by=mikecorriero)

crystel-land-mikedrago.jpg
41650176_10210313835362076_8595767359451430912_o.jpg41682232_10210313840002192_3486084366998700032_o.jpg

Attachments

41650176_10210313835362076_8595767359451430912_o.jpg

41682232_10210313840002192_3486084366998700032_o.jpg

crystel-land-mikedrago.jpg

Fantastic!

OF COURSE I had to play with the new render option in zbrush. This is just one of the presets in lightbox with nothing adjusted, pretty cool to see my lineup so far. (I need to get some nice renders of cerberus to post up here sometime too, since he’s relatively new)
CC.jpg

they look really nice. digging the new npr renders.

Hey guys! I just realized I never really officially posted my Cerberus sculpt on here!
The hound of Hades is the latest of my Chimeras :slight_smile: Here’s a Marmoset render I tossed together of the Zbrush sculpt-

This time around I decided to do something a bit different and put together a video of my process.
<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder=“0” height=“270” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/4T1_sYhin6Y” width=“480”></iframe>

Here’s some images of the final cast assembled :slight_smile:

7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
11.jpg8.jpg

Any plans to make .stl or similar files available for 3d printing?
Because that is awesome.

Avantyr, sorry but I do not offer my files free or otherwise. I hope you can understand that as an individual artist/creator that I want to ensure that my lineup of figures hold up to a certain bar of quality. It’s also important to me that I know what happens with them and that they aren’t being reproduced and sold elsewhere. I’m glad you like my work though!