ZBrushCentral

The Sackboy : WIP

I’ll start uploading the various stages of this somepoint over the weekend. Just wanted to get the initial product out there for critiques now :slight_smile: … wanted to make the so i could make some nice custom sackboys out of pictures of my friends and pose em all into a group shot. I think this was a fairly good start :slight_smile:

sackboyv1.jpg

head is good but the body needs work it looks odd

i agree… the body unfortunately i dont think will look right until it’s posed right but theres definitely work to do… also gotta add some seams along all edges too make it look stitched and a sackboy zipper… but all in time…all in time :slight_smile:

I think it’s very cute, especially the face. A few more areas of interest like something around the neck might spice it up, though.

Some slight touchups to texturing … fixed the eyes to make them a seperate subtool with toy plastic material… added the zipper and some zipper teeth (though i will be redoing the teeth to try to make them more distinct )

it’s still far from done as i need to add in seam stitching and repose, btu as of now i am fairly comfortable with the mesh and the topology i established for it and hopefully can turn this model into a working base for a much more expanded picture.

sackboyfordispb.jpg

1st pose attempt time … the background was added in just to give mister sackboy something to frolick through . I’m still getting the hang of transpose master so im not yet able to get exactly what i want from the pose but a start is a start … it definitely makes the body look better though when the legs and arms arent in same position

sackboyv1stposeul.jpg

I like the overall thought and concept. Right now though it feels like you just put the image behind the sack boy witch I am sure you did in photoshop. What would make it better is if you matched the lighting and put shadows over the field from the sack boy. Overall I like it.

ageed… the background at the moment is just to give contrast to the render. the model itself is actually just the stating point for a much bigger picture… im working on a group portrait with my friends and myself … each model (i think 5 in total) will have a slightly different base texture…1 burlap… 1 denim…etc … and each will features detailed on it based on pictures of the friends… and each will be posed based however my friends wnt themselves shown… im a loooong ways off rght now :slight_smile: … just gotta keep pushing myself to finish it and learn everything i need to along the way

and just to note i actually used image plane to load the background in… not photshop… with some more tweaking i can set it up so the model casts shadow on whatever background i choose but im still learning the lighting system at the moment so one step at time