ZBrushCentral

The legend of the monk King

This is my first CG work. It took me a total of 5 months to learn and complete it.I am deeply grateful to my teacher Yang Guang for helping me overcome lots of difficulties.
The original oil painting was 《the legend of the monk King》 created by Spanish painter José Casado del Alisal.

Everything basically starts with a ball, no model assets used.I use ZB to suculpt highpoly model. Without ZB, it is hard to imagine that I can quickly complete such a large amount of work.
hair used xgen and rendering usds Arnold.

hope you like it!

72 Likes

Amazing first work! Thank you for sharing it on ZBC!

1 Like

Great work! If I remember correctly my first CG work was probably a chamfer box or something…

2 Likes

That is a huge understatement! It is incredible!! Staggeringly good. Incredible amounts of detail, and great expression in the faces.
Congratulations! It is brilliant!

Wow! Very impressive work. Top row for sure. :smiley:

This is almost too good!!! Every character could deserve a post on it’s own :scream: :scream: :scream: :sunglasses: :+1: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:!!!

Great work!! Nice attention to detail

Amazing

This is amazing! :+1: :+1:

Absolutely astonishing, well done! :100: :100: :100:

Incredible. Thanks for sharing!

Excellent work - very impressive! :+1:

I usually don’t care for the painting-to-3d displays that come by here, but this one I find very impressive! Whilst the king himself could look a bit more appalled (in the painting he tilts back his head more with wide eyes, expressing his shock - your version looks more annoyed than shocked), you really captured their expressions and reactions well! The atmosphere is spot on too! Well done!

great work! are you available for a Commission? contact me at taiwahgraphics@gmail.com

This work is just incredible. Congrats

And again a stunning beginner’s CG work done in ZBrush ! You are a natural talent Bai.
Congrats also to your teacher !

If i remember correctly, wasn’t there a Zbrush Render almost exactly the same as this, but Samson and Delilah, with the very same wording you used about how this is your “First Render” and thanks to teacher Yang Guang for help with it?
This Yang Guang guy is pumping out some incredible students, huh? still wonder why both students would use the exact same text in their posts about it being their first works, word for word though?

Hi, GREMLIN.

1.Yang Guang is our teacher. Samson and Delilah, we are classmates, and Yang Guang is our teacher. So we all thank the same person. Because each of us really appreciate his efforts.

2.Because our English is not very good, but we want to thank him, so it’s very similar.

3.I can swear that this is really My First CG work. Before I finish this work, I really can’t sculpt high models, render, hair and lights.

4.Mr. Yang Guang loves ZBrush very much and even goes crazy, so we also love ZBrush and ZBrush central very much!!!

5.Therefore, we must post our finished works on the Zbrushcentral because we love the forum!!!

Thank you for your question. I will continue to work hard and make better efforts!

Thank the ZBrush team for TopRow!!!

2 Likes

Outstanding @bai congratulations on your first post. Looking forward to your next :call_me_hand: Say hello to Yang Guang :blush:
Jaime

it was amazing :heart: