ZBrushCentral

"The Dark Knight Rises" Style Guide works 2011-2012

Great job, you might have the beginnings of a career here.
Might want to reconsider going back to school, be worth it.

I thought catwoman was real.

Wow, the realism is amazing!!
Congratulation for the top row.

Your incredible! Seriously your one of the most brilliant artist I’ve seen. So many levels of brilliance of so many difference fields of study… Anatomy, Texturing, SEXINESS, Look Development, Compositing, Rendering etc etc…

And more, much more than this, you did it Norway.
Bravo:+1:

oh man, thanks everyone - so grateful for the nice words! some quick replies:

@energise
tack, Jonas! hope to visit you at Bläck studios one of these days … I think we’re
even closer now after DICE moved offices, right? :slight_smile:
@Piggyson
thanks so much, and especially considering how much you share with the community - happy to share a little as well :slight_smile:
@Rikk The Gaijin
The hair in the sculpt was merely a volume reference. Being a digital painter first and foremost I didn’t want to get into some crazy technical stuff in some new software (like I said Fibremesh wasn’t implemented yet in Zbrush). Time/quality/expectations have to be considered when working for such a project so I chose the best solution for me (and Warner Bros.). Thank you!
@tonare
Thank you - I think I mentioned it earlier, but I used Lightwave 3d for the render passes.
@mutte696
Thanks man! Love your work, btw, real inspiring stuff!
@gumby-guy
Cheers! The models were decimated - only used normal/bump maps - no displacements.
And no - no actors unfortunately - was stuck using myself for pose reference :wink:
@Jovon
Thank you - real nice to see you appreciating different aspects of the illustrations!

um… wow! lol sorry I’m speechless here from the dose of awesome :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:+1:

…speechless…this is an AMAZING work! Congrats man!

wow it’s an amazing works! I like so much the mood!!

That really is fantastic work. The renders of Catwoman could easily be mistaken for reference photos.

Wow these sculpts are beautiful. I wonder how long it takes to finish a sculpt and what time it takes to do the texturing.

Wow, really impresive job man, really impressive! congrats!

Just curious if you’ve posted this over on the LW forums? I’m sure everyone would love to see them.

You should definitely come visit us!
We can fix a tour of the place and some beer :wink:
I havent seen DICEs new office yet so Im hoping someone will send me over soon haha.

Out of this world. You sir are truly a master. Just amazing. Thanks for sharing

This looks unbelievable! Awesome job!!

we all know zed is the best but what great renders out of lightwave 3d. they are really doing vast improvements on lightwave if anyone is looking for a 3d package that does modeling, animation and rendering…hats off…great work…

Simply Wow!! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Wow, just wow. I’m a noob so you just blew my mind. Thanks.

How do you pose your models? :slight_smile: