ZBrushCentral

T-rex

is coming up nicely.

Thanks nickz that worked. (I’m now able to change my uv layout without the model expoding). I just realized that resizing my head to fit the entire 4K map will not really help with the detail - because I would have to scale the current one up and it would essentally be the same resolution. The current resolution isn’t that bad but I was just trying a trick. I guess I was thinking that when I export the uv map from Maya I can pick any size - but that only adjust the uv’s not the image too - silly me. I’ll try adjusting in Photoshop when I get some time. Thanks for the tips / critiques!

[zbrush3.jpg]

Looking much better! Now here is my next suggestion. Convert your texture to poly paint (texture>Txr>Col) and then poly paint a dark color (For this dino you might have to go with a lighter color, try them both out and see what looks better) at the same time as you dig into your model. (turn on rgb and Zsub (or alt with Zadd) at the same time and start to build a more natural pattern from the scales that you have made so far. This way you will be sculpting and painting all at the same time, very cool to see in real-time! It wont take too much effort and you will be able to build a little more interesting variation on the skin. Then in the end if you need a texture again, make a new texture at the final resolution and then go Texture > Col>Txr

Keep up the good work!

Peace,

NickZ.

nickz: Thanks again for the great suggestions. I understand exactly what you are saying and I’ll definatly give that a try.

I think the eye still looks wrong. I used a lizards eye for the texture so I think it looks like it needs some more white area or something.

Hey dcbittorf that Trex looks quite good.:+1:
For his eyes try with small pupils, they make his face look more mean and more like a Trex!! With larger pupils he looks like a happy puppy.

Keep it up!!

ja_popov: Thanks for the input - you are absolutly right. I’m taking another look at yours and the small eyes help out a lot.

update:

[[attach=93197]trex2.jpg[/attach]]trex2.jpg

hopefully the new one isn’t looking as flat as the old one (still needs some work though) -haven’t tried the poly paint / push suggestion yet. Added a new eye. The eye is Staffan Linder’s shader I down loaded from highend3d.com (which is originally a human bloodshot eye) and I tweaked it to look more trex like - less red and smaller pupil.

[[attach=93198]compare.jpg[/attach]]compare.jpg

It was also suggested to me that he is able to see from the front. (which he could not before)

[fronteyes.jpg]

update: Maya Render with normal map.

[backgroundflat copy.jpg]

Oh, I realy like this!!! :slight_smile:

delima1975 - thanks, i’m still working on it

I tried using the transpose tool on this beast. These are all the same pose taken from various angles.

[poses.jpg]

[wireimage.jpg]

update:

[T-rex.jpg]

Aww! he wants a hug.:wink:

Just started to do some test rigs. He isn’t fully weighted or rigged yet but here is the first animation test.

located here:
http://www.artworkbydave.com/trextest.avi

looking good Dave! :slight_smile:

Thanks ‘lefthanded’. I’m currently updating The trex from scratch. See you in class. :slight_smile:

Great Model!!! I have been working on a few V-rex models in the past 6 months, but i came to the head, i was wondering how do you make the teeth? I have tried using different brushes, but i did not look natural, thanks