You’ll be a personable, pro-active, self starter who thrives working in a fast paced environment, capable of handling operational tasks in support of both general IT systems and in the operation of render farm systems. With good communication skills as well as analytical and problem-solving abilities, the ideal candidate will have an understanding and/or appreciation of the challenging nature of the animation/VFX industry. An ability to make decisions and perform well under pressure is essential.
The SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR will be responsible for the installation, maintenance and performance of systems hardware and software, including servers, network devices, workstations and associated kit. This individual will be responsible for supporting and implementing systems within our Glasgow, Bristol and London studios, ensuring that system hardware and software and general operating systems are functioning as required, enabling the teams to work effectively and efficiently.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Participate in administration of backup operations.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Support workstation management, imaging, and configuration.
- Ensure proper documentation of systems and procedures.
- Support physical security systems and ensure proper functioning.
- Support in-house application configuration and usage.
- Maintain asset tracking systems to ensure best management of resources.
- Assess, troubleshoot, and resolve user hardware/software issues
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures
- Maintain floating license servers.
- Apply OS and firmware patches and upgrades.
- Upgrade and configure infrastructure systems and software per as needed.
- Maintain server room and colocation facility environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- CentOS / Redhat Linux
- Samba and NFS configuration in multiplatform environment
- Knowledge of Windows 7 Pro including installation and configuration
- Windows Server OS and Active Directory
- Strong working knowledge of Linux including command line
- An understanding of servers, networking, storage and render systems for troubleshooting purposes
- Python coding
- Shell scripting
- LAN/WAN networking
- Experience of troubleshooting creative programs such as Maya,Houdini, Photoshop, Nuke, Fusion
Send your CV to email@example.com and include the position you are applying for in the subject line, or apply on the website.