ZBrushCentral

Sword and Armour of the Dark Knight

Hello, here is my new weapon: The sword of the Dark Knight.

I used ZBrush and 3ds Max.

Hope you like it.

Deus ex Machina,
This looks beautiful. A perfect job.:+1:

~BW

Amazing detail, my only crit is that in battle im not sure the hilt would stand up it looks a little weak. I am not sure what the actual piece is called on a sword but where the wing design is, that piece is meant to stop a blade from sliding down the sword edge and cutting the weilders hand. That piece on your sword does not look like it would hold up very long. But other than that simply amazing work.

Hey, it’s a sword for the boss. And they don’t fight anyways but need to look good! And with this sword any knight will look great! Without size comparison, it also could be a great dagger. Or letter opener ;-).

I cringed in the past about the fact that you used only two materials. This time I have no crits whatsoever. Spot on, perfect result. I love the metal material.

Love it!
Lemo

Any chance of making a shield and armor? The sword is great.

Hello and thanks for your comments.

Mr.Monster: Thanks, I’m glad you like it.

mnmava: I know what you mean - it really looks a bit weak. But this is a ceremonial sword, so it only needs to look good…

lemonnado: Thanks, I’m glad you like it. I’m always trying to improve my pictures - and this time it looks like it worked…

womball: Don’t worry, I’m already working on a shield and armor.

Here is a close-up of the handle:

Wait, let me pick up my jaw first before I say something…
This is one of the most beautiful swords I’ve ever seen…

wow, great sword. The detail is impressive. Do you have a character for this sword?

Excellent!
THAT belongs NEXT to my favorite Sword from Seb!
Not below. Next to it!
Lemo

Sweet!

Thanks for the close up. It shows your great work to it’s fullest.
~BW

WOW!! This is outstanding work! Really love the texturing you’ve done… materials are great, fantastic all around!!

wenna

very Gd one

This is incredible. I would have never dreamed of making something so non-organic in Zbrush.

Very nice sword! It would be nice if you can put a little bit more of reflection to the blade part. Like in in Kill Bill, she’s able to use the sword as a mirror to see around her. I know it’s a different sword, but it’s just an example to show you what kind of reflection Im talking about.

Again, very nice!

Javier Loredo.

Another great one Deux ex.

Thanks for your comments. I’ve started working on the armour of the dark knight.

Here is a first test-render of the breastplate.

Hope you like it.

Wow, excellent!
Lemo

Deus ex Machina,

AMAZING DOESN’T EVEN BEGIN TO DISCRIBE THIS.

Your work is first rate all the way :+1:

Truely beautiful.
Here’s my FIVE STARS!

~Brian

How do you guys texture stuff like this!? is it groups in your 3d editor? or do you actually use projection master to paint the diffuse colours? It just blows me away when people are so neat…it cant be plain old projection master.

I work with metals in my day job and that steel’s spot on!!!:eek:

If this is a zmt, please post it if its not your trade secret…