ZBrushCentral

Swamp Thing

Excellent has the circa 1960 look. Great Job!

Very very nice. Huge fan of SwampThing as a kid, I love it! Good work man.

Great work:+1:

TD

no words,amazing! top row now!!!

Alex Oliver

Great piece. Agree with Alex - top row. Love the eyes.

Nice image. Thanks for posting them render passes and PS layers. I hadn’t thought of putting an image together like that. :expressionless: I may well use the same technique for my latest project.

MX

AWESOME:+1:

Top Row thread. :+1:

5 star vote. :smiley:

Subscribed. :wink:

The multi-pass info is very helpful.

:large_orange_diamond: Nice choice of colors
:large_orange_diamond:
modeling is fantastic!

Thanks for all the great comments!

mxhaunted - You’re squid guy is awesome! Interesting mix with the large body.
Rendering out passes and mixing them together give you the ability to quickly try different things. I will eventually do more of this in Zbrush, but right now I’m still fumbling around in the app.

vlad74 - I rendered out some different eye versions, but never really got something I was happy with. I really love the way the Davy Jones eyes in POTC have that light refraction on the edge of the cornea and started out trying to get something like that. Well, didn’t get it. Even tried to build a cornea under the cunjunctivia layer but it just looks like a contact in my render (see image). Ran out of time to really try and get it right. Oh well, a lot of the eye detail is covered up by the post work anyway.

![SwampThingEyes.jpg|927x741](upload://hyqKyh8msMRfP71HNtXPWxuDmbi.jpeg)

Jgary, Man I was wondering when someone would get around to creating The Swamp thing. If there was ever a creature that was made for Zbrushing he’s it!
Congratulations on the awesome job.
He’s quite the looker… really great!!!
Top row vote from me!:+1:
Cheers
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

I absoluely love this project of yours. Swamp thing is cool, and you sure can do him right.

Jgary I am really liking your eye material and texture -

Can we get a tutorial for it ? :smiley:

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Jgary, great looking Swamp Thing :+1: …it has the look of the original…but if it would have been printed on more expensive glossy paper i think it would have looked more “wetter” and more “slimy” !
Just as in the comic it lookes so dry, for a creature made out of Swamp stuff !
But again :Great model and texture…and i agree Top Row for this thread !!

jantim

Talent, beauty and info are all great here. Thanks! This should be top row!:+1: :+1: :+1:

Why is this not top row? Stunning!!

Thanks again for all the great comments! This really is a great forum and I’m ashamed I tend to lurk around from time to time without posting replies myself.

voodoomonkey - Yes I agree, the Swamp Thing is the perfect creature for Zbrush. I’m just barely scratching the surface of what could be done with him. In my head, I see him as having multiple layers of foilage making up his mossy skin. Mixed with small leaflets and roots winding through it all. Rendered with some translucency, and SSS. Add some wetness and glistening dew (I totally agree with Jantim’s too dry comment) along with some little bugs stowed away in some dark pockets and I think you would have yourself a pretty respectable Swamp Thing. Oh well, there’s always round 3! I’m sure I will re-visit this character when my Zbrush skills improve. I also think the 2.5 layer features and additional speed and polygon abilities will help out greatly doing a character with multiple layers of flesh (err, moss).

wckedsunny - For the eye texture I used Antropus’ eye tutorial on 3D Total, but changed up my eye to make it less human. I figured a plant eye would look different from a human one. Here’s a link to the eye tutorial:

http://www.3dtotal.com/team/tutorials/antro_eye2/antro_eyetex_01.asp

And here’s how my eye texture ended up:

The eyes were rendered in Lightwave, so I’m not sure if it would be all that helpful to tell you the settings of the material.

Jantim - Yes I agree, he’s pretty dry looking for a Swamp Guy. Right now, we’re in a drought here, so I’ll call this the Austin, Texas edition!SwampThingEye.jpg

Very cool! Very inspiring. I love ths swamp thing and this is a great version. I would love to see more of your process. Great work! :slight_smile:

r

great looking result, the last render looks much more detailed, the colors look brilliant!

froyd