ZBrushCentral

Spikelets Gold Ring. Sculptural Jewellery

Spikelets Gold Ring - 3D Rendering

Elegant openwork ring with fine detailing in the form of spikelets.

Spikelets Gold Ring - 3D model in ZBrush

7 Likes

Very elegant indeed! Great work

Thanks!
I’m glad people like this ring. Actually my wife came up with the idea of this ring, so I think she will also be pleased if we get a couple of good reviews on the ZBrush forum :slight_smile:

Hi @MonacoFelice, very impressive.
Can you give me an idea how to realize the ornamentals / details on surface?
Or did you sculpt it manually with symmetry?

Cheers
André

Whether or not to use symmetry depends on the task. If the pattern is symmetrical, then of course I use symmetry, which can be disabled in the final stage to add unique touches to the ornament details, which will make it more alive and similar to the hand-made.

I always paint decorative elements from scratch. If this is a reference provided by the customer, then I use it as a background/base on which to draw a mask. Then I adjust the mask to my liking and compare with the reference. I raise the relief to the required height and make the details a separate object. And then I work on the details.

I almost never make a low polygonal base for decorative elements. I prefer to create decorative elements in a similar way to reality - as a stucco of clay, or wood carving.
I use the basic model in ZBrush as a piece of clay from which I create whatever I want.

1 Like