ZBrushCentral

Soul Eater - WIP

Nice final render. Really like the concept. The blood may need to be a little darker, and more spatter. The drips are cool, but they look a little flat and too straight. I wouldn’t stress too much. Overall, it’s a great image.

Great fierce looking monster,I’d apply a little blood to his lower teeth and fingers to reveal his history of lunch perhaps.A tiny bit more spec on his face may bring out a bit more also.All round damn cool!

cal

Okay, I redid the blood and fixed the spec map.

[![high_poly_017.jpg|770x1000](upload://ugWgi71sd9EPoayaa6YNRWyBMq1.jpeg)](javascript:zb_insimg('65940','high_poly_017.jpg',1,0))

Edit: Added spit.

That is cool m8… the bloody knuckles look wikid and the blood running down looks real aswell… The guy looks like hes just had one hell of a fight…:+1: :+1:
ps he also looks like he’s ****ting skulls :laughing:

That thing is terrifying! LOL! Great peace.

:+1: love this last one…very gruesome:+1:

He definitely has insanity written all over his face …

Ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Hey Jeff, this is Bryan from Forza; hope all is going well? Really like your character, very cool. Can I offer you a critique - I would add a bit more ambient occlusion or some dirt blending on the environmental pieces to help tie the whole thing to better a bit more; especially around his feet. The grass could use some color variation, maybe a bit of depth of field to help it feel more natural. Also, having worked as a tattooist, I don’t see this guy sitting real patiently while getting the work done. I’d make them a bit more messy, maybe even slightly raised in spots with scarring and ink fall out from the scar tissue- some areas to where it’s gone to deep, causing a blow out or spread-kind of spider web looking under the skin… that also, if you slightly paint a skin tone over them to make most look healed with skin growing over they’ll look more natural- then maybe make one with high specularity and some red, infection ring around it from unclean conditions. His knees likely wouldn’t be so wrinkly in that position the skin should be stretched. The thing however that I think will really make this image pop would be to work a bit more on the specular reflection in his eyes.

I have a question for you, when you reset the xform and reimported the low level mesh with new uvs, did you get any problems with the subdivisions and vert placement moving back up in your stack?

Hey Bryan. Thanks for the response. I sent you a message. Thanks for the crits. Nice observations. When I have some time I’ll revisit this dude and post some updated pics.

great evolution from start to finish. nicely done mate.