ZBrushCentral

Some Anatomy Studies

Awesome!

congratulations:+1:

Insane man! Well deserved Top Row!!

Cheers! :slight_smile:

Claudio

I really like your decision to make the skin so imperfect, looks great.

it was fun to see you work on this with our students
d

Brilliant work. The anatomy looks beautifully clear and will be going straight into my reference folder for sure. Those inner neck muscles really good and something I’m grappling with at the moment. Thanks for sharing and a well deserved top row!

Just amazing, totally amazing. Is it possible the right shoulder is a tad short? IE: doesn’t extend far enough from the neck? It’s being very picky I know, but any tiny flaw is going to jump out on such an amazing piece. Is this really a BPR render? If so how?<script type=“text/javascript” src=“safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/5ab46d2e/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js”></script>

Inspiring Work!

Amazing facial anatomy study.

This is awesome!!!

I can’t speak for the anatomical accuracy, but it sure looks convincing!

I love how you left both ears intact, really marries the two sides. Besides, a skinless ear must look pretty shabby, yes?

Awesome frickin’ work!

Oh, and your first Zbrush render? You slammed it…

Ken

Really outstanding piece of work! :+1:

Hey guys, thanks for all the comments, I appreciate it. Nice to hear from some of you back in Michigan as well!

I think the majority of the questions were directed at the render itself and how it was achieved using BPR. I have to give thanks to several artists for that actually.

Tony Reynolds who made a great tutorial on using BPR to get a nice skin shader which can be found here:

Frank Tzeng who made a great gumroad tutorial and was nice enough to include his shader and light setup to learn from:

And another artist KPtoons I believe, here on zbc who made a tutorial on the BPR filters he used:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?88392-KP-Sketchs-(more-pics-Pg-19)/page21

So after reviewing all of that info, I made my own shader based off of Franks and Tony’s, which are very similar…as is mine, out of a quad shader. The 4 forth shading slot was for fresnel. I tuned the spec curves a little and changed the lights up a bit, rendering each light off separately and compositing in P-shop. For the most part tho I did all of my tuning in Zbrush with the BPR filters instead of using P-shop, to me it simply looked better…I have no explanation for this.

My next steps are to render out a higher res image and finish up the project…get a couple different angles. In all honesty this was meant to be a work in progress image and it surprised me it went to top row…BUT I’m really glad it did.

Awesome sculpt man… congrats…

wow awesome :roll_eyes:

Amazing!!! Would you be so kind to post your skin shader settings, it would help enormously! thanks in advance :):wink:

wow - how do you model the muscles? Are those individual subtools?

Excellent work, Very inspiring!
Thanks for sharing the process and tutorials used!

wow, fantastic work

grat work!!!
compliments;)