ZBrushCentral

Sink (Real-Time)

Hi guys, This is a personal project with the goal of exploring the dynamic relationship between realism and stylized characters in game art. The concept is by the great Makoto Kobayashi and fits into the DieselPunk, Maschinen Krieger universe. It’s modeled in ZBrush and Maya. The textures were done in Substance Painter. Hair cards were made by using XGen, and is rendered in Marmoset.

Everything is sculpted in Zbrush, I decided not to do any cloth simulations this time around. I mainly used my own extraction brushes dynamically as I worked to get the detail in the cloth.

32 Likes

This is sick and beautiful!
I really love how you made the suit and the contrast between scifi and the old typewriter.

1 Like

Beautiful work, must have been hard to not start using those cloth brushes haha!

1 Like

Thank you so much! I am really happy you liked it! I really love the diesel punk aesthetic too. Its really is a mix of sci fi and 20th century mid war period.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I mainly used my own extraction brushes. So useful for sculpting quickly for repetitive tasks!

welcome back. This is awesome.

1 Like

Solid translation of the Kobayashi concept!! :sunglasses: :+1: :star:!

1 Like

Awesome work! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks so much Paul! Super appreciated! :pray:

Thanks so much! Im really glad you like it!

Much appreciated! Thanks for checking it out!

Love the expression and how it’s accentuated with your character eyes :clap:
Jaime

1 Like

Thanks so much Jaime! Its such a static pose, I relied heavily on the expression. I enjoy the quietness of the character’s physical presence but wanted to convey a deeper esoteric expression.

looks very detailed. I love her hair

1 Like

Her outfit is dope! Nice work on this one too :wink:
Jaime

1 Like