ZBrushCentral

Sculpting Etcher Sculpting Etcher

Instagram: geert_etcher_melis
Artstation: https://www.artstation.com/geertmelis
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/geertmelis/
Youtube: geert_etcher_melis

Hi fellow ZBrushers,

Again, a long overdue update of my ZBrush dabblings… . Over a year (!) ago, I decided to sculpt a selfportrait for studying purposes.
I finally managed to complete some renders and a few accompanying notes.
Maybe they are usefull to someone besides myself.

Oh, I also added some links for further reading - I found them helpfull, again, they could be usefull - if not, please disregard.

C&C welcome - thanks for watching / reading :sunglasses: :+1: :star2:!!

Them notes:

Page 002 Further Reading:

All LINKS POINT TOWARDS OFFICIAL ZBRUSH DOCUMENTATION AND VIDEOS. (Links are working on 10-01-2022)

Dynamesh:

• Dynamesh written overview -LINK-

• Dynamesh video overview -VIDEOLINK-

• Dynamesh in ZBrush core excellent overview by Paul Gaboury 1 -VIDEOLINK-

• Dynamesh in ZBrush core excellent overview by Paul Gaboury 2 -VIDEOLINK-

Reference Grid set up :

• Reference Grid written overview -LINK-

• Grid “Project On Mesh” functionality in action -VIDEOLINK-

• Grid image plane reference use in action -VIDEOLINK-

ZSphere retopology:

• written overview -LINK-

• Joseph Drust answers to a problem that a ZBrusher ran into while retopologizing a head mesh and gives a good axplanation of the ZSphere Retopo process. -VIDEOLINK-

• Paul Gaboury covers ZSphere retopology at starting 1:34:20 of this video with the ZSphere setup and it’s ability to edit existing topology and more importantly at 1:36:20 the retopolgy process itself. -VIDEOLINK-

Project All :

• Joseph Drust covers the Project All basics and how to solve projection errors -VIDEOLINK-

• Joseph Drust explains how to ZRemesh a model – after that again an excellent explanation of the Project All use -VIDEOLINK-

I had the crazy idea of juxtaposing three speed vids -apologies- they complement the three previous pages.

Fortunately, the whole thing lasts less than a minute… .

Page 004 Further Reading:

All LINKS POINT TOWARDS OFFICIAL ZBRUSH DOCUMENTATION AND VIDEOS. (Links are working on 10-01-2022)

Strokes and alphas:

Layers:

• Layers written overview -LINK-

Page 005 Further Reading:

ZModeler:

Page 006 Further Reading:

Fibermesh:

• Fibermesh written overview -LINK-

• Covering all aspects of Fibermesh creation -VIDEOLINK-

Polypaint Adjust Colors

• Polypaint Adjust Colors written overview -Link-

• Polypaint Adjust Colors fast overview -VIDEOLINK-

UV MASTER:

• UV Master in depth written documentation -LINK-

• UV Master in depth video overview -LINK-

Page 009 Further Reading:

Video complementing pages 4 to 9:

If you’re interested, check out the Zipper Pack Pro -HERE-

Page 011 Further Reading:

ZBrush Dynamics

• ZBrush Dynamics written overview very complete with great tips and tricks -LINK-

Morph Target/Morph Brush:

50 Likes

Wow! Amazing tutorial and idea!

2 Likes

WOW… So much here to see. Fantastic!

2 Likes

That’s some tutorial right here!!! Absolutely bonkers :trophy: thanks so much for taking the time to share this valuable information with the community, all in one place :slight_smile: @Geert_Etcher_Melis
Jaime

3 Likes

What no nude self portrait ?!! How many years have I been begging you?!!

Stunning work Geert and beautifully presented.
Your notes Sir are customarily splendid as befitting your professorial status.

For the moment I shall revel in your art and once calmed shall peruse your findings and notes.

Happy New Year Mister
Bravo. :+1:

1 Like

Boy, when you make a comeback, you don’t mess around! Great job and spectacular presentation.

1 Like

Great work! Can’t wait do dive in to that guide : )

1 Like

@Geert_Etcher_Melis , thank you for sharing this outstanding tutorial. Great work!

1 Like

Amazing.
What an epic post!!

1 Like

WOW @Geert_Etcher_Melis awesome great tutorial :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: Thanks Geert

1 Like

Thanks so much my friend :sunglasses: :+1: :star2:

Thanks Doug - glad u like - hopefully some of it can be usefull to you :sunglasses: :+1: :star2:!!

1 Like

Thanks so much Jaime - without ZBrush this wouldn’t exist - always in awe of the software and the great ZBrush team - a fine place to reside!!! :sunglasses: :+1: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:!!

1 Like

Dear Mark,

I am more than aware of your ongoing beggings. However, being humble and shy, the path towards a nude selfportrait takes some time (as I have repeatedly been telling you…).
Still, I made an attempt to somewhat satisfy your artistic longings: in the second video, you can catch a glimpse of my unclothed torso.

No need to thank me good Sir

Your positive comments and feedback are highly appreciated my friend :sunglasses: :+1: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2: :star2:!!

1 Like

Thanks so much Matthew - glad you like the new stuff. It’s not really a comeback, somehow there’s always too much time in between my posts :scream: :scream: :scream: :grinning: :sunglasses: :+1: :star2:!!!

Thanks Herman - I really hope it’s of some use to you - thanks for dropping me a lin :sunglasses: :+1: :star2: !!

Thank you very much Joerie - I hope you can get some good use out of it :sunglasses: :+1: :star2:!!!

Thanks so much Paul :sunglasses: :+1: :star2:!!!

Hi Morgaine -thanks for dropping- glad u like!!! :sunglasses: :+1: :star2:!!!

so much info! :slight_smile:

1 Like