ZBrushCentral

Scout Ship

I made this spaceship concept during the “Vehicle concept art” course by Pablo Dominguez at Learn Squared. I tried to capture the vibe of Star Trek or Mass effect in regard to what its like to explore distant planets. The course was very exciting. I learned a lot of new and useful techniques. Pablo is a great artist and instructor. I definitely recommend this if someone is interested.

More images at:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/QrJzbE

8 Likes

cool looking ship! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: I had a lot of fun making it :slight_smile:

Love the design! Great job :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Nice design. Would love to see more views and close ups of it rendered without the environment. Looks like there are some really nice hard surface details there.

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: One of the homework during the course was to create a greeble IMM brush. Beside that I used a couple of the great BadKing brushes and the IMM boolean. :slight_smile:

More or less I followed the lessons. At the beginning I made some dynamesh explorations and cleaning the geometry the open circled ‘polish by features’ was a lifesaver :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice, refreshing to see vehicle concept art, well done!
Jaime

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile: After seeing that many beautiful character art and organic sculpts using zbrush for vehicles sometimes feels a bit unorthodox. :smiley: Since 4.0 Zbrush has very potent tools for hard surface and I just realized that was launched 11 years ago :open_mouth: