ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by Marco Penndorf

Hey together!

I’d like to take part in the challenge. The scene will be called “Little Patty prepares for Halloween”. You will see little Patty sitting on a chair, watching tv. She is wearing a hockey mask, just like Michael Myers, in one hand she holds the remote control, in the other a big butcherknife. Around the chair she arranged alot of knifes, axes, spikes and stuff. The room is quite dark, just lightened by the tv. In the back you can see through an open door her mother looking anxious to her daughter and calling someone with the phone.
Im not sure about the point of view / perpective, also not what else i put in the room - i have some ideas but nothing certain. I will try to give the whole scene a cartoonish style, what is new to me. It will also be the first serious test for the new zbrush and I hope i can learn and practice alot. I try to do as much as possible inside zbrush, an exception will be the UVMaps and maybe the rendering, because the lightsetup might be to special for zbrush. For this work, UVs and maybe rendering, I will use Modo.

I already started with the scene: I modeled the tv and the chair and recorded ZScripts for it. The chair script should work, but the TV script could make probs when starting with ZSpheres for the feet. Sometimes it works, sometimes not - its strange. At least the part for the TV should work fine.

For running the scripts you will need to install and use my UI with its macros.

concept.jpg

I start late and I hope that I can finish the thing :slight_smile:

OK I´m glad about C&C on the concept and its execution - I´m open for suggestions and tips and I whish everyone the best for this challenge!

Hello froyd,

nice to have you in the contest. I will follow this thread.

Cheers

Ralf Stumpf

Ooh, this is going to be good! Can’t wait…

I like how you’re setting up a whole room! Looks cool.

froyd,
i think it was jason who wore the hockey mask…no biggy :wink:
cool idea though, and good luck!

Hey Marco,

Cool to see you in the contest man :+1:
Looks like a good scene and I bet it’ll work!
Waiting for the updates :+1:

Thanks for your comments, guys! Of course you are right AniProd :slight_smile:
But I need to quit the challenge due to time issues. I have to work the whole next week and when I am as tired as last week when I’m home, I cant manage it. I dawdled too much when I had the time - my fault :confused:

nevertheless, here is a shot of the tv and my concept for the girl’s head.
I whish everyone good luck and I am eager to see the finals :slight_smile:

[tv.jpg

cheers!
froyd

Attachments

patty2.jpg

I’m sorry to hear that froyd, but I can relate to the whole “coming home from work tired” thing. Been working overtime myself a week or two ago and it is tough to try and come home and be creative especially when you’re tired.

Since this is “ZBC Contest I”, I’m guessing that there will be more contests to come that you could participate in.

Sorry to hear that, for what it worth your TV looks Great! :+1:

Noooooooo! Sorry to see you go, froyd. ALTHOUGH, it does help my chances that much more. :smiley:

Maybe you can finish the image later. It would still be a great one to see.

good work.

sorry to see you go!