Scared Silly Entry by Gregory Callahan

Hahaha! Damn cool!

I love it!!

very funny and very well done

excellent :+1: :+1: :+1: , I really like the concept

VERY WELL DONE! be good to see this in colour, can’t wait! :D:+1:

:+1: This is incredible work.:+1:

I feel out of place making a suggestion, but some food for thought:

I realize that it is implied they are watching a game on tv, but maybe it would unify the scene (and give Frankie a focus for his eye) if you showed a tv or the shape of one in the foreground… of course the low level bottom-lit effect tv-type lighting would enhance the spookiness. - - a spider web here and there and maybe even a bat - -

This would make a great perennial Halloween poster - I used to do work for a company that did the posters you see on the flip-racks in WalMarts, etc. They would have jumped on this one like chickens on corn! :wink: With a little research you could probably find a sponsor like a college team or even an advertiser - that’s where the real bucks are.

Looking forward to seeing more of this - it is great to get an inside look at your process.

I like your modeling style, very well done. Can’t wait to see everything textured and rendered.

Good luck.

Your modeling is superb. This is a great concept, love count drunkula.

Simply 1 word: WOW! :eek:

cannedmushrooms: Yes a lot of retopo going on. Thanks for the crashing tip.

Sebcesoir: Thanks! I really enjoy your work.

monstermaker:
Thanks. Where is your entry? :smiley:

Remib
: I have a few additions to the concept will post soon.

dustbin1_uk
: love your Scared Silly idea!

Nate Owens
: Feedback is always welcome. I am planning on lighting them bottom-lit and a TV will be added in the foreground. Spider web is a great idea! Maybe I’ll try and add one to the TV antenna.

Woody
: Thanks. Your piece is coming along nicely as well.

threetails
: Thanks. The idea originally started with just “Count Drunkula” so he is my fav too.

WoL_
: Thanks. Hope I won’t disapoint. :wink:

Poly paint time:
[Frank_wip05.jpg]

That’s looking really good sasquatchpoacher. Does the #48 stand for anything or is it just made up?

Looken sweet! I really like where this is going :+1:

great models and beautiful texturing … keep it up :+1:

no reason. just made up.

So I came up with the idea of adding a kid in the background startled by the two monsters on the sofa as she was getting a late night snack. But after doing some tests and placing her in the scene I felt it took any from the main characters.

Anyway wasted a few hours on her but I figured I’d share my WIP of the sculpt.

Hope you like. Maybe I’ll use her for another project. :confused:
ScaredKid_Wip01.jpg

Attachments

ScaredKid_Wip02.jpg

ScaredKid_Wip03.jpg

That’s a shame that you wont use her cause that’s a really good sketch and model.

Maybe having her peak around the main character wouldn’t detract from him too much?

Very nice character in you Wip! Bravo :sunglasses: :+1: !

Great work, try and keep her in… my money is on you winning this contest… good clean work and great concept…

Ziggy.

Very clean work on that girl. The rest is awesone too: on the tip of my chair! :+1: :+1: :+1:

I hope you can keep her in too. I’m in constant awe of your creativity.

If you think the girl would not work in the scene, I’d have to believe you know best! But she would work for me!

This has now become my coffee break–just enjoying this!
Waiting patiently for more! :wink: