ZBrushCentral

Robin Hood and Little John

Beautiful piece. I watched this one so often as a kid and now my daughter has become a fan of this film. Great Robin Hood.

When students used to write to me for work placements or jobs they’d always ask; “what should I have in my portfolio?” I’ve always replied “a cartoon character”. Why? Everyone thinks they’re easy, it’s ‘just’ a cartoon character. No; before CG dominated animation, product sculptors and modelmakers had to take 2D imagery into the 3D world and there is NOTHING easy about it; the position of features can change between side and front views and many characters are not even three dimensionally real. This is a beautiful, beautiful sculpt, take it from someone who has been sculpting cartoon characters for the past twenty five years.

1 Like

Amazing ! :heart_eyes:
You managed to keep the original drawing spirit ! I would love to see a Robin Hood with this kind of 3D graphics !
Any plan to add some colors ?

Thanks Paul, glad you like it! :slight_smile:
I hope I did it justice! I at least had the pleasure of working on one of my favorite Milt drawings. My kids love the movie aswell. I watched it as a study of design and animation . My kids simply enjoy the story and humor. It stills holds up in so many ways!

Thanks Affable_ED! Thanks for the kind words, and I totally agree ofcourse.
There are challenges in realism aswell as in stylized cartoon characters. Different, but both are present! Non are easy, thats for sure hehe. Especially if you want to do studies from the masters :slight_smile:

Thanks Maximequiblier :smiley:
Hmmm, there might be plans yes :wink:

2 Likes

Love this! One of my favorite Disney films :fox_face: :bear:

Thanks Kyle! :slight_smile: One of mine favorites also.

These are great!! :slight_smile:

Thanks Petar :slight_smile:

1 Like

Damn this is fantastic!

Now that brings back childhood memories :slight_smile:

Great work! :+1:

This is amazing! Such great work based on an even greater movie! :slightly_smiling_face: