ZBrushCentral

Rat WIP with skin alpha

I wasn’t going to post again until it was finished but I thought others could use the skin alpha. I pulled it off a mole rat photo and it’s been real handy. About half the textures are stamp and the rest is hand. None of it is done as of yet even the finished looking areas. The stamped areas I touched up and added to as well. Some of the texture is far too strong. Obviosuly the teeth and such need work.

The color one was an earlier version but I wanted to play with the 2,5D aspects so I quickly did a colored one play with. The final version I want to use subsurface scattering on. The skin needs to be somewhat waxy, translucent. I’ll probably shelve it soon and wait until 2.5 to finish it. There’s a few areas like the inside of the mouth that need more polys. With more ram I can go up one more subdivision but I’d like to go two more levels. Parts of it have enough resolution now but most of it is a bit shy. I may wind up redoing 3/4 of the texture with the upgrade. It’s been my fun one to play with when I have an hour here or there.

Attachments

Mole-Rat-Skin.jpg

Rat-Test.jpg

Rat-Test-2.jpg

Rat-Test.jpg

3 Likes

Kewl alpha and also thank you for that…should prove very useful.

Mole rat is looking pretty kewl too…

thnx again
Ron
[email protected]

:+1: :sunglasses: :+1:

Thanks for sharing :), the alpha looks very cool. Great progress !

Alp

I’ve gotten friendly with the people that run an alligator and crocodile rescue and I’m hoping to get some Alphas of them. Normally hard to get CUs but I should be able when I have time. I’m hoping to get all the various types of scales shot. If I do I’ll try to post a link.

A Capybara (sp) on 'roids…

Thanks for the Alpha Belseth…

Talk soon, Cheers! :+1:
Kev

;)Thanks for alpha :+1:

Glad it was useful. I’m working on a large number of new ones. I’d like to post those for people but I’ll probably have to host them somewhere and zip them. For now they are mostly elelphant hides and various lizard scales. I’ve been slowly pulling them off some old reference photos. Just want to encourage people to post alphas. The more variations the better. Personally I like to use a minimumj of a dozen different ones on a model. They tend to form patterns if you don’t.

thanks for sharing , so very helpful indeed.

Discobot