ZBrushCentral

Raptor Skeleton

Hey, this is a raptor skeleton study I started a few weeks ago for fun and have been working on here and there. I’m sure there are plenty of problems. (any paleontologists out there?) lol. I want to add more texture/cracks to the bones once Im happy with the anatomy and pose. Any crits/feedback would be great! newraptortest2.jpg

Attachments

Raptorzbrush.jpg

great. nice render :+1:

It has the feel of museum like collection piece. I would add a stand to it to make it more believable. Great job.
What rendering engine did you use? What is your lighting, rendering and material setup?
Please share, you may help someone struggling.

wow what a claw. great job!

Nice sculpt! Looks awesome.

Great Raptor skeleton! Like it allot. :+1:

Rodion, Al-Basic, Renots, Lucusta -Thanks! Im glad you like it

Eiad- I added a stand, it could be too small though. This is rendered in maya mental ray. I rendered out an ambient occlusion pass and an area light pass using a standard mia_material and combined them in photoshop.
Newraptortest03.jpg

Attachments

newraptortest4.jpg

Beautiful, really nice !!

I´m sure even paleontologists would have a hard time criticizing on that one… I didn´t do any deeper research as i expect you did, cause I was wondering about those eyesockets. Funny little animal… :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

great work :+1:

Wiley: Great job. Could you elaborate and illustrate on how you setup the light and material to look this good. Thanks again for sharing.