ZBrushCentral

R.T.A.U. Project + TLishman Sketchbook

Hey guys, im Tom Lishman. ( http://tlishman.darkfolio.com )

Been lurking these forums for too long now, time to give ZBrush a go. (This is actually my first finished character in Zbrush, so did spend a lot of time on it to get used to the program.)

Here is a little overview on my project:

Ive decided to do a fairly large animation/game project. This sketchbook is here to document and show my progress for this and any future projects.

Project RTAU:

Final result to be either presented as an animated short or playable within a game engine (UDK)
Medium Poly characters suited to both full animation and game use.
Represent emotion through body language instead of facial expressions (due to the character design)

The first phase for me will be both the concept art and the main character modelling. I will post updates as often as i can.

As of current, i have just finished the main character. Here is a quick example of the process.

process2.jpg

Here is a quick brushup of the antagonist with a rushed SSS on it. :slight_smile:

headtest2.jpg

A doodle ive been working on in the past few days.

Rendered in ZBrush, then edited in Photoshop.

popcig.jpg

how did you get ur character to be such low poly is it with textures or ? how do u do it give me a tip or a quick tutorial (:

Just a 30min or so doodle and a rendering test.

Untitled-1.jpg

Your antagonists eyes seem to be a bit to close togetherbut other than that everything is offto a nice start

alright thanks for the tip, i’m still in the learning process but i can’t wait to learn as much as possible and try making something cool like that, good work :+1:

Hey guys, its been a while since i last posted, and ive been really working on my zbrush skills since then.

RTAU Project didn’t go as planned and i only managed to get a short animation from it. I’ll post that at a later stage.

In the meanwhile here is some ZBrush work:

An anatomy/character study, comments crits welcome!
tribalassassinplate.jpg

Attachments

kryk.jpg

skullrend.jpg

i really like Kruk. Is that your character design. sweeet.

Nice job!!

rd.jpg

Attachments

cypaint2.jpg

cyzb.jpg

cypaint.jpg

realmguards.jpg

process.jpg

Watcher.jpg

ZBatm.jpg

The_Joker.jpg

mfreeze.jpg

scarecrow2.jpg

the_riddler.jpg

I like the Batman. Looks like he took a beatin

the show of progression is pretty dam good

please share your render process from zbrush

Soulty - Thanks :slight_smile:

Sparky - Thanks, im really triyng to improve.

Monteford - Really simple. Single light.

Shadow settings: All default par shadow strength (set from 0.65-0.9) and blur i set: 2 or 1.

For AO, just default settings with blur down to one.

I render and save all the maps with BPR and then import them to photoshop for further editing.

I like the batman and scarecrow. Pretty cool:+1:

Now for Two Face!

2face.jpg

Attachments

2d.jpg

Fanart creation based off the great character ‘Creeper’ from the game Minecraft. x

Created with a mix of dynamesh and clay buildup.
creeper.jpg

Attachments

bcrpr.jpg

Bunch more ZBrush SketchSculpts. All using dynamesh and rendered with a mix of zbrush and photoshop.
creature2.jpg
fb2.jpg
a22.jpg

Venom!

Used Dynamesh and rendered in zbrush and slightly touched up in PS. xx
venomsmall.jpg