ZBrushCentral

Primitive Landscape

This a simple fantasy landscape made from a few primitives in about an hour. Final comp in PS. I’m starting to get more comfortable with Zbrush. What a truly unique program. Comments and advice welcome.

landscape.jpg

1992 called… they would like their lens flare back :lol:

Ha, Ha. Point well taken. Maybe, just maybe, the cheezy lens flare was not entirely called for. Cheers.

Just pullin your leg a little. Some interesting geometry there.

Obz: LOOOOOOOOOOOOL… made my day…

Nice Picture! Looks like a NASCAR Gearbox 1/10th of a second before failure.
Go add more stuff! Looks cool!

LemoNado

…by the use of primitive 3D or early in the time ? :wink:
Pilou

I meant by the use of primitive shapes. 3 in total I believe that have been masked in a few different ways and inflated or deflated and placed in perspective. It was a real quicky but fun none the less.

Sorry, the last post… text was in grey… didn’t notice that til after.

I meant by the use of primitive shapes. 3 in total I believe that have been masked in a few different ways and inflated or deflated and placed in perspective. It was a real quicky but fun none the less.

I dont really think the lens flare and stuff is bad looking… i kinda like it personally.

Any way for being done totally out of primitives and a quicky messing around thing… that totally rocks :slight_smile: Kinda reminds me of City in the Clouds from Star Wars for some reason actually…only extreamly poluted lol

Instead of using the Photoshop clouds, try using ZBrush fog. This PS cloud looks too artifical without doing difference clouds a few times to get more contrast. Swap the PS flare for a GIMP flame. Never-the-less, I like it.

Actually that sun and flare and such looks like it was made in Knoll Light Facotiry plugin, not the built in flare stuff for PS (i’ve used KLF…it can give very realistic results when you blend it in correctly)

Personally after looking at this for a little i think a little masking would have helped for the sun… put it slightly behind one of the structures and use a masking layer or something since as is it looks kinda plastered in… i still like it though overal =)

I like this! Well done!

Thank you everyone for the great feedback. I am actually suprised at all the feedback I’ve recieved on this one. Great comments though. Thank you everyone. Very helpfull!!!