ZBrushCentral

Poser, models, props, oh my...

I KNEW IT, there is a XBrush and a YBrush. Where’d you get them from?
Does it come with the Deadlineator?
Lemo

xbrush has the deadlineator. ybrush has the make cool button. x, y and z all work together in a wonderfully streamlined pipeline. :smiley:

Onetoolfool.jpg

HA HA HA HA HA, Bas:+1: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh darn Bas, that is funny! :wink:

Someone in the industry would be very foolish indeed to not have a collection of basic stuff on hand like furniture, plants and others. Speed is everything in making a buck. I don’t do 3D commercialy its a hobby. I do a lot of 2D ads though and I use stock art all the time. I would fail if I did not and I have bills to pay.

If you take a head out of Poser and when your done that head looks nothing like the original, it is an original. The poser head was just the lump of clay and after you make your first head on your own you have nothing further to prove other than wasting valuable time.

When I learned the “Old Masters Method” of oil painting from a who’s who I won’t mention here. He refused to use anyone elses photos for reference and wasted many hours travelling to sites to shoot a photo identical to one he could have gotten from a post card. He was brilliant, but he was also an old fool. His work sold as fast as he could produce it and his family went hungry because of this quirk he had about references. That and he just liked to b***h to hear himself do it I think.

A base head or body is just a lump of clay waiting for a masters touch.

but he was also an old fool.
Watch it we have a union!:+1:
Agreed though, major differences in approach
of hobbyist vs bread/butter.
Marcel once said,and I wrote this down, he didn’t care
if he had to pour sugar down the computer… if it worked.

edit: ps, sorry I almost forgot
Bas:D :smiley: :smiley: :+1:
Poser model?

LOL Bas that made my day!:smiley: :+1: and thx Bicc for the consideration LOL and that was a dang good point Blaine. Elitism is Not good for the wallet :slight_smile:

…and when your only tool is broken you are ruined ! :smiley:

@ Tartan : Golden age image :slight_smile:

@ SpaceGosht : Damned good adaptation of Dali :cool:

Pilou fan of salvador D

héhéhéhéhé!! Bas Mazur :+1: :+1: :smiley:

BTW, only a fool does not use his tool :slight_smile:

Watch it we have a union! :+1:

I own the company and he’s long ago dead and I’m now an old fool too.:laughing:
If you don’t believe me just ask one of my salepersons. They are convinced I’m the stupidist person on earth. Does not bother me though, because like I said; I own the company.:laughing:

I wanted to recreate the Sistine Chapel in 3D;expanded from a single polygon
because I wouldn’t want to “cheat”.

The people who think using ready made bits is “cheating” could actually have
a point…if you look at it from their “point of view”.

David [attach=26037]POV.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

POV.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Gerbil Perspective? LOLZ Cough…
I am so sorry…
:+1:small_orange_diamond:D
Lemo

PS:A fool with a tool is still a fool!

hahahaha baz and pride…thanks for the grins!!

I do believe the Sistine chapel wasn’t all painted by the master himself…he used students or whatever to finish it. He used the tools available. Does that make it any less a great work of art?

Does that make him a master poser? Good thing he wasn’t a fisherman.

ps a fool with only one tool soon becomes a eunuch.

yeah, it’s really cool
to use men’s own tool:D :cool:

(should we open a new poetry thread maybe? LOL LOL)

Hi ,

Can someone help with a workflow for posing models created in ZBrush. I have Poser and have exported the low rez mesh and put a skeleton in Poser. When I try to import the posed mesh back into ZB I get the message that the mesh has too many vertices. Part of the problem appears to that the mesh is all split when it comes into ZB. I have tried welding in Poser and ZB, but it makes no differance. Does any one have any ides as to how to get the models back into ZB? Is there a better way to do this? I have tried doing this within Maya, but the painting weights stuff is mindnumbing!

Thanks,

TrapDoor

Poser was my first 3D tool, (thought it was so cool)and it’s got better with every version. Doing a really good pose isn’t as easy as you might think, it’s an art for sure. Poser has many great features that will work with ZBrush, morph targets and displacement maps to mention a couple. It’s also user friendly at bonning your model(sounds a bit riske’ doesn’t it) and you can set joints etc. I think you could assemble a model with parts made in ZBrush in a fairly user friendly way in Poser. The material room is very good for assigning textures to parts and the like. The cloth room with collisions is also pretty cool. Also the new version6 has ambient occlution, and does great looking renders. All in all I’m a bigger fan of Poser now than ever, I use it more and more.
There are problems with ZBrush and Poser though, I believe triangles cause problems for mapping(V,V2,V3,M3etc)( and maybe modelling too, not sure), and has anyone solved the eybrow problem for some Poser model imports?

check out some posts by Pusghetty. He is kind of the master of zb to poser stuff and he posted all his work flow for using zb and p5 but should work just as well in p6.

eyebrows and eyelids…when ya import a poser model hit edit and then go to polygroups and hit autogroup right away…make sure quick and frame are turned on and you should be able to see them as separate groups which you can then mask-hide-delete or use select hide to hide and delete them out. Same thing for all the mouth parts if ya don’t need em. You will also need to remap poser models as their uv’s suck.

TrapDoor - If you check “Weld body parts” (and nothing else) on Poser export, it should be fine.