ZBrushCentral

Portrait Paul Giamatti

Hello, this is another personal project I have done while trying to learn how to create a nice digital portrait. It is supposed to be Paul Giamatti (or his character from Billions, Charles “Chuck” Rhoades).

I do work as a 3-d artist but with interior/exterior visualization so the modeling I do at work is mainly hard surface but I have always admired all those amazing character artists who posts here on zbrushcentral and elsewhere and I have decided to do a more serious attempt at learning the character side of 3d as well.

All the sculpting, modeling, hairs and texturing are done in ZBrush and renders are done with Keyshot.

I started with a DynaMesh sphere, sculpted it in ZBrush then ZRemeshed it and uv-mapped it with UV Master.
I sculpted skin micro details with alphas based on textures from texturing.xyz. Diffuse was polypainted, with the help of textures from texturing.xyz and converted to texture. Gloss/roughness was also polypainted and converted to a texture.

I did some of the base meshes for the clothes with ZModeler: the shirt, some parts of the tie and the jacket collar (started with a QCube or QCylinder). The rest are DynaMeshed spheres or cubes that I sculpted, ZRemeshed and uv-mapped with UV Master.

Hair, beard, eye brows, eye lashes, peach fuzz and cloth fuzz are done with FiberMesh.

I hope you like it : )

5 Likes

nice likeness … good work

Thank you, I am glad you liked it : )