ZBrushCentral

Playing with my new toy -Minor Nudity

Thanks! Yup, that’s Invincible. I made a model of him some time back and the creators saw it recently and wanted to use it in the book. Unfortunately, I’d lost the model and had to do it over again. Thanks to Silo and ZBrush 3, I can!

Head looks a bit too big for Invincible now … He normally looks like he has a smaller head than even normal comic book guys to me.

Cool new alien.

Thanks, if Dusty and Wya agree, then I’ll scale it down a bit.

Here’s the latest doodle. Just messing around with the minotaur posted earlier in the thread.

Martians from the INVINCIBLE comic book.

Minotaur and martian look cool :slight_smile:

They all are cool!The martians really fine!

cal

Thanks! Here’s another floating head. Oh and all the floating heads are from the same base mesh (see below):

[attach=63006]wires_omni_mar.jpg[/attach]

From the pages of Invincible comes “Allen The Alien”:

I need help with ideas for eyes…

very cool! especially the last one!
great work

Thanks!

Very nice work! I have been keeping my eye on this thread for a while. Couldn’t keep quite any longer. That texture on that last one is nice. Is it polypainting?

Thanks! Yes, it’s poly painting. I put colors on in waves, starting low and then upping the intensity as I went.

Any idea why my model would get flayed at the bottom edges like that? It’s the same base mesh I used on the other heads and this model only went to 1.2 million polys, so I’m confused why that would happen. (I’m such a NOOB lol)

how did I miss this thread until now?.. great stuff!.. it would be cool to see you reach beyond head busts a little

Thanks. It’s all I’ve had time for (especially while learning the app). Hope to have some more time soon. I’m still trying to figure out if ZB can export renders or if I just do screen grabs (which is what I’ve been doing). This weekend I’ll sit down and read up on that though.

Again, thanks everyone!

Nice. Very nice indeeed. Maybe a square iris? Only thing that bothers me is the last one looks very symmetrical. Unless its for games then cool :smiley:

Dig the nose on top of the head :cool:

cheers
Brett

Thanks. He’s actually not all that symmetrical…jus the poly painting is. I forgot to switch symmetry back off after tweaking his mouth before I jumped into texturing. By the time I’d realized it was on it was too late to go back. I’ll be more careful next time though, can’t let the texture ruin the model, now can I? :slight_smile:

Thanks again.

By request, I am adding a body to one of the heads:

For the model where you needed ideas for eyes, go with goat eyes, or something similar. That’s what I envisioned on first glance, and I think it would fit nicely. Just my thoughts though. Good luck and keep up the awesome work.