Pixologic has released another video in our Learning Series.
Making tileable texture maps has been a staple of 3D artists for years. Traditional methods require 2D tricks that fake depth. Using ZBrush’s unique Pixol technology you can create tileable images with exact depth information to increase your level of realism.
small_orange_diamondsmall_orange_diamond Download the movie here small_orange_diamondsmall_orange_diamond
In this video, I show:
- Why tileable textures are useful
- An example of how they are used
- How to use the Clone brush in ZBrush
- How to use ZBrush's canvas as a modeling tool
- How to export the canvas as a texture, bump map and normal map
Free texture sources on the web:
Texture Libraries for sale
I hope you enjoy!