ZBrushCentral

Pin screen tutorial

Hai friends,here i am showing how to make a pin screen effect on a model.here iam taking the default zbrush head model.

step1:
create a cylinder clone it a many number of times to get a pin screen.save it as obj seperately,we will use it once more.

step2:
then place the pin screen in front of the head model as a seperate subtool and use the match maker brush and drag to get similar to this.
[[attach=225177]pinface.jpg[/attach]]pinface.jpg

step3:
hide the unwanted pin faces,i used clip brush to flatten the back side.then import the old pinstage(cylinder saved as obj )as a seperate subtool,adjust the pinned face to get a clean result.

step 4 :after that i merge the pinstage and subdivide it,this give a clean and a pin size look.

step 5 :finalize your render,you can get more precise result than me.
[pinface2.jpg]pinfinal.jpg

even though this was not a great tutorial,i think i help you to get some cool effect…thanks for reading this.you can get some matric effect by using many small elements from more sides and matchmaking it.
THANKS TO PIXOLOGIC FOR SUCH USEFUL BRUSHES…

the result looks cool. creativity at work here.

Not really a good tutorial since it dosnt look like a pin screen, the same effect you could get by applying a doted texture with from uv map projection, and then creating geometry out of that.
But you can get a better result by modifying your tutorial, you will need to make the cylinders really really small initially with really big spacing using a bigger number of them, then fallow all your steps, and at the end inflating them on y and x axis. Then each front side of a cylinder will seem flat. You should try that ;]

But you can get a better result by modifying your tutorial, you will need to make the cylinders really really small initially with really big spacing using a bigger number of them, then fallow all your steps, and at the end inflating them on y and x axis. Then each front side of a cylinder will seem flat. You should try that
Do you try that,i cant get a result with your method,can you show some result.will try some other method

Not really a good tutorial since it dosnt look like a pin screen
i just share a method i know to my people over here…that,s all

i had found some more clean result as a pin screen,here is it.also i had made some minor changes in the step,you can see it above.thanks

ehh, yeah its impassible the way i wanted, i forgot zbrush still dosnt allow projections on selected axis, man such limited softwere, now i remember why i stopped using in favor of better programs ;f
Anyway your second approach is a lot better ;D