ZBrushCentral

Peter Konig Sketchbook.

Hey there;
Here’s the full body creature tutorial I did for my Zbrush Workshops class. It was a really fun class, big thanks to the students who paid their hard earned money to listen to me babble on and thanks to the the guys over at ZBW, especially Nate Portner and the big cheese himself, Ryan Kingslien. Check out Zbrush Workshops for more cool learn’n!

SpiderComp1.jpg

Attachments

SpiderComp1.jpg

Love your work. Picked up your insectoid creature video series over at ZBrush Workshops sometime in the middle of last year and it was very interesting to see your workflow. Actually helped me out at work with some bony bits for a demon I had to do, so much obliged there, sir. Really like your creatures, the last two especially.

Hey, thanks for the positive vibes people. I don’t come here often enough…such a great place.

Something I’m very slowly picking away at. Funny, you never realise how many parts a tank has until you try making one…heh.

PanzerKonig.jpgPanzerKonig.jpg

Attachments

PanzerKonig.jpg

i love the super clean tank. all buit in zbrush?
cant wait to see the finished product

fantastic work peter!
i have always been admiring your creature work.
the tank looks great too.

-r

Some work I did with George Hull for Jupiter Ascending…George did the concept, I fleshed it out in Zbrush and a bit of Modo:

WRAITH2_finalsmall.jpg WRAITH_finalsmall2.jpg62912wraithProgress2_1.jpgbodyLayoutInProgress.jpg

Fun project but it was a short one because they moved production to the UK and I was out of a job…oh well, fun while it lasted!
BTW this was never intended to be perfect and film ready, just a mock up that the VFX team could build off of.

Attachments

WRAITH2_finalsmall.jpg

bodyLayoutInProgress.jpg

Awesome Peter! :):+1:

Did an Ape study a while back, hope you guys like it. If you’re interested in the process please visit my Gumroad page: https://gumroad.com/peterkonig

ape001.jpgApeStudy.jpg

Attachments

ApeStudy.jpg

wauw! fantastic work on the chimp, peter.
sorry to hear about jupiter ascending. i guess that’s the hard truth of our industry, these days.
oh well! hope you got something new and exiting project, to work on.

-r

Thanks Rasmus;

Yeah, things happen. Concept art and the film business are weird these days. But there are always cool things around the corner. Just got to keep pluggin away and hope for a bit of luck.

this is awesome.

I have a free Gumroad demo for this alien guy, check it out. www/gumroad.com/peterkonig

I think it took around three hours. The time lapse is around 7 minutes. Just a sketch really. Thanks for lookin!

AlienDemo01.jpg

Attachments

AlienDemo01.jpg

cool works peter.
the gumroad link doesn’t wort atm. but i’ll be back later.

-r

cools stuff peter!

got all your videos from gumroad man! awesome work!

darkTowerSM.jpgmodHomeSmall.jpgB_003SM.jpgyellowSm.jpgB_001SM.jpgB_002SM.jpg

platformSM.jpg

Those Buildings turned out Great. I Love that Technique, been having Fun myself Designing Ships and Armor with that Technique. I hope Pixologic continue adding more to Surface Noise in the Future, be Cool if it could cap the backside of the Displacement.