Thank you Peter for your kind words.
To answer your question, the tentacles were modelled in Maya since I needed to make sure I could control the topology of the suckers based on their size.
Once I was done with the 8 tentacles I created a basic head still in Maya and exported the model to Zbrush.
In Zbrush I ended up reshaping the head massively which meant I had to retopo the head in order to keep the model clean.
I used ZRemesher to get a more even topology taking into consideration the rest of my model so I could easily stitch it together afterwards.
To do that I simply counted the number of edges per edge loop of the body and then I tried multiple times the ZRemesher tool until I got the same number of edges.
I’ve attached an image of the wireframe so you can have a visual reference.
In regards to texturing the model I am currently working on that but I plan to publish a few more projects before that.