ZBrushCentral

Palomita's Sketchbook

Awesome sculpts man. Do you think you could talk about your process for clothing? My attempts at clothing havent been very successful. My main problem is really about being able to sculpt and keep the same thickness through out the cloth but I’d like to hear your process on it. Thanks and again awesome work :slight_smile:

Hello Myselfsame!
Oh that problem can be fixed with a pretty simple trick, just add the thickness after making the folds:p You can do that storing a Morph target, then in deformation inflate a bit your model, that has no thickness yet, and in the Morph target menu theres an option to create a diff mesh that is gonna create a shell connecting the two versions.
If you want to use extract I guess it can work if you set the thickness to none. But usually I like to have a more specific mesh to work with, and either start from a base done with retopology tools, and edited a little bit if necessary with 3ds max or maya… Or within Zbrush, depending on what I need.

My process is really nothing special, I mostly use just standard Brush. If the folds are big probably you need to add gravity , in the Brush menu. If theres a trick , in my case its not really anything technical, but I try to avoid parallel folds, sometimes they radiate from a point. Also, perfection doesnt look correct…:confused: So variations, like not making them the same distance from one another. And try to think about the fabric itself and where its hitting the surface and where its loose, creating folds between points of tension or just falling down, because of gravity.
Making big variations in size, I think creates a strange effect, like the fabric is not consistent in its physical qualities…

Maybe start just making few strokes to define the direction of the main folds, and from that create more of them in between, interpolating …I dont know if this term is correct for this, but I think it defines the idea…
Try not to cover everything with folds, Imo it makes it look boring and unclear.

Btw, I dont mind you calling me Man, its kinda badass, :sunglasses:small_orange_diamond:D But Im a lady Lol

I hope It helped… at least a bit…

folds practice.jpg

Sorry, I meant no disrespect by the comment. Ive never seen the inflate process for clothes in action, so I’ll have to give it a shot myself. Since I dont have Zbrush near me for a while I have to ask, as far as the basemesh for the cloth. Is that a two sided mesh? I’d imagine if you make one from maya or max, or even zspheres skin it wouldn’t inflate very well.

Thanks for the response! I’m looking forward to seeing more work from you.

buena grandeforo.jpg
Last few days…I decided to take the model of the girl I uploaded before and paint a skin texture in Zbrush, then try to make some render tests with Vray. I have to get used to it I havent been using it at all for years O.o

Attachments

buena cuadradada.jpg

Two days study after a painting of Roberto Ferri

fdsfdsf.jpgupdate.jpgjoo.jpg

voladora.jpg
Based on a concept by Ian Mccaig

Very nice work. Do you have more angles?

palomita-a-punto-efe-unnamed-1.jpgpalomita-a-punto-efe-unnamed-3.jpgpalomita-a-punto-efe-unnamed.jpg

Some beautiful figure work here! Your work has a nice classical look to it.

I agree! Very nice poses
Beautiful work :slight_smile:

Really great work. Can’t wait to see the 3D print of the last piece. Looking forward to see your next set of images.

your work is incredible! Love how you are capturing the natural and elegant movements of the characters.

12046728_10206874528195974_3835415630349516818_n.jpg

Vlad74 / At the time I don’t want to show other views, I’m working on them but they are not as polished. That sculpture is taking forever!

Wow

This is really great. You are a very good sculptor. Do you have any advise on becoming better or learning figurative sculpting?

For YLOG:

Hello Anton, thank you so much! Your work is truly amazing, I dont know how could I give advice to you :D.

But I can give you my personal opinion :slight_smile:

So, how do I think one gets better at figurative sculpting:

I think it comes out of personal taste and time together, when you like something you pay more attention to that kind of art style and you probably focus your practice work on it. So that drives you into something specific, you have your practice time and observations focused on the same thing and its all driven by some sort of passion :smiley:
More technically, I think there are two ways to study the subject that seem opposite to each other. There is the study of anatomy and movement, from this when you sculpt to try to make sense and understand the subject, also feel it as a whole.
And there is another way that is crucial as well and requires you to forget what you know and what you are looking at and focus on relationships and geometrical shapes. Its hard to combine the abstraction and the understanding methods but I think one just goes switching from one to another which is a fun exercise :smiley:

I’d also love to hear about your insights on your mental process of creating art and designing your pieces, again you have really nice stuff :slight_smile: And I’d love to try some jewelry design myself in the future:D

carlacroppedforzbforum.jpg

This is CarlaMcarthy, miniature work for Scale75.
Sculpted in Zbrush and rendered in Vray :slight_smile:

Attachments

carlacroppedforzbforum.jpg

Fantastic work mate!