ZBrushCentral

Pablo Poffald Art Thread

Hi all,

I’m a long-time lurker but recently got the itch to post some of my stuff up here. Just a few pieces I’ve done over the last year or two, some of which I’ve hit off-and-on for some time and am only now getting around to polishing up and rendering a bit :slight_smile: Thanks for looking!

I plan to hit this guy up some more as an in-engine game asset, but here’s a Zbrush render for now with fibermesh and texturing.xyz pore maps (projected in Mari, exported as displacement map, applied in Zbrush with additional pore scupting). It’s a Pedro Pascal likeness study, with eventual plans to fully do the Viper outfit from GoT (long-term goal.)

PedroRender_06_09_17_A.jpgPedroRender_06_09_17_C.jpgPedroRender_06_09_17_B.jpg

Some Keyshot renders of an ecorche I still noodle with now and then (endless anatomy to learn!) Many thanks to Ryan Kingslien’s Artistic Anatomy class and Thieme’s Atlas of Anatomy (some of the clearest anatomy illustrations I could find when trying to really dive into origins and insertions and bone details!
ecorcheSide.jpgecorcheFront.jpgecorcheBack.jpgskeletonStudy.jpg

Attachments

PedroRender_06_09_17_A.jpg

PedroRender_06_09_17_C.jpg

PedroRender_06_09_17_B.jpg

ecorcheSide.jpg

ecorcheFront.jpg

ecorcheBack.jpg

skeletonStudy.jpg

A few more pieces here…

Here’s a redesign I did of EDI from Mass Effect as part of a conceptartworkshop.com class with Josh Herman. It was a great learning experience, which involved taking a character from a Dyanamesh design to a retopologized hard surface model (done in Maya), and then back to Zbrush for detailing and Keyshot rendering.
EDI_Keyshot_Beauty.jpgEDI_Keyshot_Closeup.jpgEDI_Zbrush_Gray.jpg

And this one’s a piece I did as a partial sculpt pose study (sculpted in dynamesh from a simple Zsphere maquette) using a reference image from human-anatomy-for-artist.com It started with a head and arms, but ultimately I didn’t find the pose as interesting when matching the reference image, and actually kind of enjoyed the compositional fun of just chopping off the parts I wasn’t excited about. It’s just a study, anyway, :stuck_out_tongue:
TorsoLegsBack.jpgTorsoLegsSide.jpgTorsoLegsFront.jpg

Attachments

EDI_Keyshot_Closeup.jpg

TorsoLegsSide.jpg

TorsoLegsFront.jpg

TorsoLegsBack.jpg

I finally had some time to go back and finish this guy! These are screenshots from Unreal using the Photorealistic Character skin, hair, and eye shaders. Based on the Red Viper of Dorne from Game of Thrones. Made with Zbrush, Maya, Marvelous Designer, Mari, and Substance Painter.

ViperUnrealCloseup3QF.jpgViperUnrealFrontBack.jpgViperUnrealPortraitAndMidCompressed.jpgViperUnrealPortraitFront.jpgViperUnrealFront.jpgViperUnrealFBack.jpgViperUnrealCloseupFront.jpgViperUnrealCloseup3QL.jpgViperUnrealCloseupL.jpgViperUnrealCloseup3QR.jpg

Attachments

ViperUnrealCloseup3QF.jpg

ViperUnrealPortraitAndMidCompressed.jpg

ViperUnrealPortraitFront.jpg

ViperUnrealCloseupFront.jpg

ViperUnrealCloseup3QL.jpg

ViperUnrealCloseupL.jpg

ViperUnrealCloseup3QR.jpg

And here’s some renders from Keyshot of the Zbrush model as well as the hair card geometry used in Unreal.

Attachments