ZBrushCentral

Ouran sketchbook

shouldr is off,at this pose front of deltoid will be teh highest point of the shoulder, and the lower back seems to be a bit too curved in, but otherwise ok.

Hi slocik, thanks for your feedback. I’ll check that deltoid and put him back where he belongs :slight_smile:

Here’s the male bust with corrections, a female bust and a Kaiju concept I did following Kurt Papstein’s awesome tutorial.

buste_homme_02_bronze.jpg

buste_femme_01.jpg

Kaiju_01_render_s.jpg

Nice work!! you took the last one from the monster concept tutorial right. it looks allot like the tutorial bust though

Thanks Randy. I did something similar for the sake of following the tutorial. However I tried to make this design a tad different in order to experiment and have fun.

That looks great! …thanks for posting the link, look like a good tutorial.

Thanks and you’re welcome ! This tutorial is one of the best I’ve seen in some time.

I sculpted this head for anatomy practice. My goal was to get the best result in a standard production timeframe (8 hours here).

Head_linran_sculpt_07.jpg

I posed this nice gal and rendered her in Marmoset. I’ve learned tons doing her using techniques from artists such as Raphael Boyon, Magdalena Dadela and Cesar Dacol Jr… This helped me get my first real job in the industry and I can never be thankful enough.

Please feel free to give me your critics. She’s full of imperfections and I only wish to do better next time :wink:

adventuress_render.jpg
adventuress_wire_render.jpg
adventuress_closeup_render.jpg

Nice work on the materials.

Hey ZBC :slight_smile:

This is a bust inspired by Christophe Charbonnel. It’s called Eurydice IV since he made three busts of Eurydice.

In Greek mythology, Eurydice is the wife of Orphée. After her death, her husband went to hell and asked Hades to let her go. Hades agreed but told Orphee he had to walk from hell back to the surface in front of Eurydice and not look back. Along the way she keeps asking why he doesn’t look back at her. In the end, he turns back to look at her and she waves him goodbye before disappearing forever.

Eurydice_render_01_s.jpg

Nice bust! I also like the detail on the male head above, care to share any tips about the pores?

Thanks a lot nagulov ! Here’s how I went for the male head’s detailing. Each step corresponds to a layer on my ztool.

Part I - Breaking the smooth aspect

1. Directionality: brush the whole sculpt with claybrush, following the skin’s flow. Then lower the layer intensity so it’s not too strong This step is very important !
  2. Using claybuild up, I made a lot of littles irregularities and bumps over the hole sculpt.
  3. Use the noise plug with “Dent” preset to make big irregularities. You might want to avoid this step if you’re doing a young woman.
  4. Use Dam_std to add wrinkles and details to you sculpt

Part II - High Frequency Details (Alphas used are from the famous Kris Costa & Rick Baker set)
  5. Use the noiseplug to add a very light noise. This will serve as a basis for alpha based details.
  6. Use “pores” alpha (standard, drag rect) to add small pores to the whole sculpt. You might want to set a morph target on the sculpt before so you can tone down the pores on specific areas like the forehead.
  7. Use the “long pores” alpha (standard, drag rect) in the area between the orbit and the nose.
  8. Use the “neck bumps” alpha (standard, drag rect) on the neck
  9. Use “small pores” alpha (standard, drag rect) to create bumps for the beard. I did the hair with this alpha too.
  10. Use a variety of circular alphas with standard & drag rect to create deep pores in the nose.

Done ! A good trick is to play around with layer intensity so you can evaluate your details better.

Hope that helps :slight_smile:

awesome, thanks for the tips!

Cool tip with layer intesity. Thanks

really nice study Vincent! I’m a big fan of Charbonnel’s work

@nagulov: You’re welcome :slight_smile:

@nebular: Thank you !

@Intervain: Thanks Magdalena, it means a lot coming from you.

Here’s Tadpole, a very H.R. Giger inspired alien ! Thanks to Dominic Qwek and his great tutorials who helped me a lot on this one.

Tadople_by_Vincet_Menier_2014_s.jpg

Attachments

Tadople_by_Vincet_Menier_2014_s.jpg

Hey there ! This is my new project: the demon wrestler. Big thanks to Raphael Grassetti for inspiration as well as all the compositing knowledge I grabbed from his Gumroad tutorials. Thanks also to Marc Brunet and Gilles Saffores for their critiques on this project which helped me push it further than I expected in the first place.

Demon_wrestler_comprtk_10_asmall2.jpg
Demon_wrestler_comprtk_10_portraitsmall.jpgDemon_wrestler_comprtk_10_asmall.jpg

Attachments

Demon_wrestler_comprtk_10_asmall.jpg

this looks fantastic man.nice composition.keep it up.;);):wink: