ZBrushCentral

Other commercial applications discussion thread

…visible again new adress!
here :cool:

Hey guys

Sorry to interupt here, But I came to know about shake today .

What exactly is shake for ? Illustrations ?

Do I need to be good painter to use it or its like zbrush easy to use tools.

Shake is a compositing program running on Apple’s not on PC’s. http://www.apple.com/shake/
It is used for motion pictures. Look at it on the apple website. I doubt that you have any use for it.

It is very cheap right now as Apple has dropped the price substantially but also froze that particular version. Apple plans to release a new product sometime in the future. Currently no upgrade plan to this new system has been released by Apple. So, it’s a great compositor and the best bang for the money if you need one. But it’s also a monster of an application and it’s almost a job on it’s own to control it. IMHO it’s more a pipe line tool than a utility for a one man studio.

Cheers
Lemo

PS:Photoshop is of more use for you. Or if you think you get into animation etc. then consider XSI Essentials. Looks expensive on the first look but considering the fact that it contains a compositor and other modules one has to buy over the time it is more than a fair price.

Lemo I use photoshop for mainly layouts and color correction and bit of post effects

painting in PS is too big a thing for me, will take time as I get more used to level of detailing. me not a traditional artist :o

… Zbrush still lets me do wonders thats why I like it more then any other software, the moment I stroked the first brush on its canvas with Zdepth on, I knew God had send this as a gift for me :slight_smile: and I am still learning it after a year( almost by this time last year).

Will jump to XSI in coming months…

I use PS for the same job. You can think about Shake as a PS for image sequences. Unless you have those it’s of little use.

I think you are perfectly equipped with ZB and PS. Don’t get involved with XSI before you have ZBrush nailed down. Or XSI will take a lot of time away from your work. ZBrush is a perfect learning tool to get acquainted with the 3D world. XSI adds about ten times more control. And that comes with the price of complexity and a learning curve. It’s fun to dig into it but it costs time and patience, and… money.

Cheers
Lemo

Lemo actually I am looking for another illustration software which combined with Zbrush can help me do my work better, more detailed and faster…

But I doubt I will get something as innovative as Zbrush…

How is Corel Painter ? I have used other corel products but not this one, is it like another photoshop/illustrator or as versatile as Zbrush( Dont forget my non artistic background). I am jealous of people who have traditional background in art, they can with time easily use any painting softwares to create amazing stuff…years of actual painting experience helps :slight_smile:

Will need to spend some money on Gnomon DVDS, starting from Zbrush Illustration one… is it worth it ?

wckedsunny, check out PD Pro (Project dogwaffle) You can find it at the, http://www.thebest3d.com I use it for compression mostly. I bought my liscense through DAZ3D…and it was a steal…and worth it. I have not really had the chance to grind the app yet,…but I’m happy sketching with it. A ton of tools but FYI it’s a little awkward to get started with. I.E no layers, but It kicks butt.:cool:

Why not look ArtRage(20$) !
No more easy !
And else free Art Weaver (clone of Painter classic)+ functions of Toshop?
Or Manga Studio Debut? 49 $ A special prog for Comics Artists!

Frenchy You did reffered to me artrage few months back, thats a damn cool software but its like giving me a paint brush and canvas when I cant even draw properly.

The 2nd link isnt opening and 3rd one I did checked, I think it will only help me with layout functions, it is mostly for artists who can draw on paper ( which I cannot).

sirquadalot I am checking that link you gave, maybe that will help…

Should I say I need a software which will help me add those few post effects( excluding those of photoshop) which the zbrush adds in a unique way like shading enhancer, highlight, smudge etc…obviosuly not the same ones…

Just to enhance my illustrations and even paint strokes here and there.

I mean its about speed, the faster the better. :slight_smile:

Second link works fine for me :slight_smile:
If you have yet Zb + Toshop seems no 2D prog are necessary!
For ehance the images maybe this free one ImageJ (works also “online” :eek:

Photoshop I had 4 years experince in it…

Just saw this dvd…
http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/dvds/csc01.html

Realized I dont know even 1% of PS. :o

Anyone has tried this Dvd ? is it good enough ?

After some one answers my question please get back to that software… I mean this is a very versatile software soemthing new like zbrush… coool

I have the Gnomon: Adobe Photoshop for Digital Production

Which covers: Masking, Selectins, Compositing, Digital Painting, Color Correcting, Photo-Collage, Layer Techniques, Workflow Customization.

I got quite a few things out of it. It’s more about how to use Photoshop than how to paint a matte painting or a specific genre. But the contents is split into little projects.

I like it a lot.
Cheers
Lemo

Will buy the paintings one after some time, currently will be buying the zbrush illustration one…

Hey Frenchy can we use Moi for creating fonts into 3d ?

I dont find a way to import a reference image in it ? is it possible ?

…yes you can but you must draw your personnal letter :rolleyes:
As the nurbs are very good for 2D lines!
Moi is better than Illustrator for that!!!
Draw it in 2D --> extrude it = 3D, Flilet, Chamfer… etc
As draw an alphabet is not a very easy thing :rolleyes:
… better is import something made somewhere :slight_smile:
Like free Elefont --> free Amapi 6.1 -->Export Iges —> Moi (will be not a free prog!)
But you can use free it during the beta period :cool:

Carreful Nurbs prog is more for design (letters :), mecanics, detailled architectures, prototyping, fabrication,
…not very well adapted to organic modeling :slight_smile:
(
You can’t yet import image in background (maybe next beta release) but you can use this little plug for waiting
Transparency windows on your computer! :cool:
(Windows 2000/XP )

Wings 3d does 3d text.

…forget this one :smiley:
also Anim8or and Blender and Amapi6.1 too :rolleyes:
All can make text 3D :wink:

For those interested in Groboto, version 2.0 is available for download as of today;
This is a great companion to Zbrush, free demo version, $30 upgrade through Nov.30
Groboto

It’s available for the first time on the PC.
(images from the groboto site)

Lemonado’s Junk post
Groboto 2 homepage
created by artist Darrel Anderson and friends;
Darrel’s Groboto art

:smiley:

I was going through 3dcreative magazine today.

I came to know about Strata 3d cx

Posting a screenshot…

Has anyone tried it ? I mean with photoshop type layers it can be very good …

I mean something which we all waiting for in zbrush 2.5…

The only thing which matter is how compatible it is with zbrush and other softwares…

[strata-3d.jpg]