ZBrushCentral

odd Z character

very nice. is it a bit dense in max though? too dense to animate perhaps?

What a beautiful piece of work- IMO he needs a shotgun and crossed bandeleros,but you probably already knew that.Excellent imagery.

Nice work Gozer. Is that one ZSphere object or multiple? The head, bandana and belt buckle look like they are separate. Or did you just use hidden spheres to separate those?

I would love to see a progression image series.

How long did it take you to do it?

That is some sweet work. I like the Design! How did you displace the bullet shells on the belt?

Don’t know how you did it; it’s beyond my abilities… LOL! But it’s very good. I loved all the details! I look forward to the next one!!

That’s awesome work! Remdins a little of the hero in Oddworld Strangers, I really like it!

Gozer! Nice work! You can definitely paint areas with different materials just as you can paint different colors. I cant find the tutorial but there is one out there-
Perhaps someone else can remember it and point it out.

H

Is this the kind of thing you mean?

Hmats1.jpg

VERY GOOD CHARACTER!:+1:

I would love to try and render him in Zbrush but I dont know much about Zbrushes render. any good tutorials?

also is it possible to put different materials (shaders) on different faces? example: if I wanted to shade his belt buckle with a chrome shader and his pants with a flat cloth like shader.

is this possible in Zbrush?

i DON’T KNOW IF A GOOD AS YOU WANT, BUT HERE IS MY WORKFLOW:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=20508:wink:

BYE
LEO

Very good model

What render with max ? vray ??

herdmann: thanx for the help! that’s exactly what I was looking to do.

reptil: model was rendered using mental ray with displacement maps. I’ve heard good things about vray. probably will try using it on my next model.

:+1: Very nice model

I wonder how you did the sharpsdeparation between element (skin, clothes…) as the bullets

The base body is done in ZB (with Zsphere? How could you have 6 sections in the belly?
Is this separate objects ?

the model looks pretty nice to me, great work!!!

Hey Gozer,

I just wanted to show you what I was talking about in my first post regarding adding more constrast.

If you are going to use this image for your portfolio you might want to make
some adjustments.

Here are my ideas.

I spent a few minutes on your image.
On the left I just did a few passes with the Levels filter in Photoshop, and then I adjusted the hue/contrast. Finally I did another levels adjustment layer on the head and faded it out to make the head pop. I hope I didn’t destroy your style. Now you have an greater value range.

I usually use the HiContrast filter in photoshop to see how my values are grouped and check to see if they make sense.

Just some ideas. If you want to take a look at my photoshop .doc just email me, I’ll hang on to it for a few days.

Cool character.

AlexGozer1.jpgGozerHiContrast.gif

Hi all,
good work

also is it possible to put different materials (shaders) on different faces? example: if I wanted to shade his belt buckle with a chrome shader and his pants with a flat cloth like shader.

look here:http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=20508

Bye
Leo