ZBrushCentral

Nurnies and Greebles

Inspired by scaramouche I present the Nurnies and Greebles challenge!

Let’s see your best nurnies and greebles here!

Nurnies are bits of detail on objects, usually models, both physical and computer generated, of fictional technology, that serve no real purpose other than to add complexity to the object. The detail can be made from geometric primitives, including cylinders, cubes, and rectangles, combined to create intricate, but meaningless, surface detail. Nurnies are commonly found on models or drawings of fictional spacecraft in science-fiction. Nurnies are closely related to greebles.

A greeble is a small piece of detailing added to break up the surface of an object to add visual interest to a surface or object, particularly in movie special effects. Greebles are closely related to nurnies.

Attachments

greeble2.jpg

001greeble.jpg

002greeble.jpg

004greeble.jpg

So I have made greebles and numies without know that :smiley:

etc…
Pilou

mechinicalfertilisation.jpg

I thougth I’d revive this thread after lemos nice tut. I did a whole load of masking and used 4 seperate greeble alpha maps for this one. It was done in about 10 mins while chatting to a mate online.
Enjoy

Wayne…

Ahh, a rare insight into the Borg replication!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
Lemo

Part Lemonnado,part Meats…just part of the learning process.

David borg4.jpg

Looks great! I wonder how a head like this would look animated…
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
Lemo

This was inspired by lemonnado… I spent the better part of this afternoon into the wee hours trying to get something close to the version he did.

BTW, I wanted to say thanks to you lemonnado. In the span of two days, I have learned more about using zbrush through your tutorials than I have in the last year. I seriously feel I have overcome a huge hurdle with this incredible program. Your work and contributions are truly remarkable. My sincerest gratitude and thanks. -J