ZBrushCentral

NR_Organic Jewelry Designs

Hi all! This is one of the designs I presented to Rapid Jewelry 3D Printing Competition organized by Boston Design Museum,sadly, it didn’t pass the first cut.

Kraken Ring, design is inspired on mythological creature “The Kraken”, with its tentacles coiled on ring’s band and holding a black pearl on top. Surrounded of deep black waters that can be represented with black enamel and rhodium finishing, or black stones pave for a more luxury finishing.

It was fully sculpted with Zbrush with real measurements using the 3D Print Export Plugin and the Transpose Line, I have in mind to print and cast it. All renders were made with Keyshot.

Thanks for watching! :wink:

Attachments

Two more renders…

KR_7.jpg

KR_6.jpg

Attachments

KR_6.jpg

KR_7.jpg

wow oO this ring is amazingly awesome :smiley: Would love to see the casted version :wink:

Thanks Sibu088! I will make a prototype in resin first

Design is based on the Greek mythology image of Pegasus and on its legend, telling that Pegasus was born from the blood stream that flowed when Perseus cut off Medusa’s head.

It is a pendant splitted on six different pieces, which can be manufactured and assembled one another with different insertions , this allows to cast each part with different metals and finishings. Main horse volume is hollow inside to save weight and metal cost, rest of pieces have a controlled thickness to don’t add too much weight.

All made with Zbrush, no help from other CAD software, as usual. Keyshot rendering

Hope you like it! :wink:

Birth-of-Pegasus_1.jpg

Birth-of-Pegasus_2.jpg

Birth-of-Pegasus_5.jpg

Birth-of-Pegasus_4.jpg

Birth-of-Pegasus_6.jpgBirth-of-Pegasus_7.jpg

Attachments

Birth-of-Pegasus_1.jpg

Birth-of-Pegasus_2.jpg

Birth-of-Pegasus_4.jpg

Birth-of-Pegasus_5.jpg

Birth-of-Pegasus_6.jpg

Birth-of-Pegasus_7.jpg

Birth-of-Pegasus_7.jpg

Attachments

Birth-of-Pegasus_7.jpg

Hi all! This is my latest Zbrush and Jewelry design “Skull Bead Pendant”
Fully sculpted within Zbrush with no help from other CAD app, created with real measurements during the process
Hope ou like it!

SKULL-BEAD_Ksr_ZBC.jpg

Attachments

SKULL-BEAD_Ksr_ZBC.jpg

BPR Render

SKULL-BEAD_ZBC.jpg

Attachments

SKULL-BEAD_ZBC.jpg

Quick video about Stone Placement with Nanomesh

<iframe width=“560” height=“315” src=“https://www.youtube.com/embed/hCXXMB2VkLs” frameborder=“0” allowfullscreen="">

Very nice!!! Great style!

Thank you skinnybonez! :wink:

Hi all!! this is my latest Zbrush and Jewelry design, “Sacred Heart Pendant” Hope you like it!
Cheers :wink:

Colgante-Sagrado-Corazón_KSR_500k.jpg

Attachments

Colgante-Sagrado-Corazón_KSR_500k.jpg

the split pieces

Colgante-Sagrado-Corazón_ZBR_500k.jpg

Attachments

Colgante-Sagrado-Corazón_ZBR_500k.jpg

I am curious as to which printer you use, and is it dlp or laser, black resin makes me think of formlabs, and how do you cast it, plasticast or regular investment? or do you do like we do and use platinum investment until we understand why our casting doesn’t work with plasticast! lol It’s really a pleasure to see such work from a super talented artist, thank you!

Many thanks jbe3d! :wink:

I’m just a digital sculptor, I mean that rarely can see my pieces casted and finished, I suppose that you’re making reference to the tiger pendant, black piece was printed with an Form1+ just for checking measurements and consistency, afterwards was printed with a Project 3500, wax injection printer (blue piece, not on the picutre)

I know that there are a big controversy about castable resins, they need special burnt out cycles and nowadays don’t give same results than wax. At this moment best castable resins are from Digital Wax and Envisiontec, waiting for test with brand new Envisiontec EC3000 which announces that is composed of three more times of wax than existing castable resins on the market, doesn’t need any special investment and can be melted on same tree with other wax pieces

Which castable resin do you use?

At work we have an Envisiontec Mini4 and use Epic resin. It casts fine but only when we use platinum investment. We also have a Formlabs1+ and I have one at home too.
Apparently the resin is highly castable but at work (we have a fiber furnace) we didn’t have luck on our first two casts. I’m trying it at home but have to wait for the
investment to arrive, I’ll try with both Maxx with bandust and plasticast with bandust, I’ll be glad to report to you about the outcome.

Once again, from one digital artist to another, your 3D work is awesome! For myself as a commercial artist I’ve always done commercial jewelry for the last 15 years,
pretty commercial huh! lol But I’ve bought Modo and Zbrush and am learning them now. I don’t know if I’ll ever be as good as you but I’m going to try!

Did you check the workflow data sheets from Envisiontec about the investment and castings process? maybe you will find some new information to improve your methods. About Form Labs castable resin you need to pay special attention to post curing process, UV wavelength is very important, not all lamps has the same and is quite important to apply the right one, ask to Form Labs about the right values and where to get the right machines.

Sure! I would love to know your progress

Thanks again! really appreciate your support! I know what you mean, it’s hard to improve with new designs and find the market where sell them. Modo and Zbrush, I guess that you’re following the Thomas lesssons :wink:

Hi there! :smiley:
This is my latest Zbrush and Jewlery sculpting, “Snakes and Black Pearl Pendant”, Concept of combinable pendant, can be hung vertically or horizontally mounted with a chain, as shown in the image can also add other moving element at the bottom. Hope you like it!

Colgante Serpientes y Perla_KSRBlack.jpg

Another finishing with white and yellow gold without stones. Also you can see the layout of Polygroups that I’ve used.

Colgante-Serpientes-y-Perla_KSR.jpg

Colgante Serpientes y Perla_ZBR.jpg

always a pleasure to see your wonderful pieces my friend

un abrazote nacho!!!